Calumet, Oklahoma: Cherokee Trading Post
A big fiberglass Indian with a tomahawk stands a lonely vigil outside a truck stop and store offering rubber tom-toms and souvenir shot glasses.
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Giant Fiberglass Indian
Visitor Tips and News About Cherokee Trading Post
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Truck stop, very nice gift shop, Indian crafts, restaurant, etc. along Interstate 40 about halfway across Oklahoma.
[Stephen Schiavo, 05/11/2006]
Cherokee Trading Post
We stopped here for breakfast on our drive home. As we were driving on Rt. 40 we saw that the front of the building had large painted plywood Indian chief on the front of the facade and a painted fiberglass Indian chief about the size of a muffler man under the sign facing the highway. The inside was rustic and old west-like, and obviously catered to truckers. The food was okay. Afterwards we went outside and walked to the field beside the restaurant to look at the live buffalo.
[Brandy Naugle, 12/07/2005]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
July 24, 2014
Oklahoma Latest Tips and Stories
- Scooby Doo Mystery Machine, Edmond, Oklahoma
- Great Fire, Big Explosion, Jesse James Bar Fight, Ardmore, Oklahoma
- Belle Starr Gravesite, Lake Eufaula, Oklahoma
- Statue - America's First Boy Scout Troop, Pawhuska, Oklahoma
- Lonely Gorilla in Modern-Day Ghost Town, Picher, Oklahoma
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Ivenergy Wind Farm Turbine Blade, Judith Gap, Montana
- Ryegate Testicle Festival, Ryegate, Montana
- Liquor Store Indian, Mandan, North Dakota
- Muensterberg Plaza and Clock Tower, Berne, Indiana
- Twist O' The Mist, Niagara Falls, New York
Latest Visitor Tips