Adamsville, Tennessee: Home of Buford "Walking Tall" Pusser
Buford Pusser Home and Museum
- 342 Pusser St., Adamsville, TN
- Buford Pusser Home and Museum. East side of town. From US Hwy 64/Main St. turn south onto Walnut St., drive two blocks, then turn right onto Pusser St. Signs help guide the way.
- M-F 11-5, Sa 9-5, Su 1-5, closes at 4 off-season (Call to verify)
- Adults $7.
- RA Rates:
- Major Fun
Where the martyred sheriff, celebrated in movies, lived. See his appliances, his weapons, his death car. A one-of-a-kind house tour. Roadsideamerica.com Report...
Visitor Tips and News About Home of Buford "Walking Tall" Pusser
The Buford Pusser Home and Museum is the the real home, furnishings and memorabilia of the late Buford Pusser. It is filled with items depicting the life of Buford Pusser from childhood, young adult, to lawman, to fame.[Renee Moss, 06/24/2008]
Our trip to Adamsville, Tennessee was quite an excursion. We stopped by Buford Pusser's house expecting to be led through the "attraction" and not being able to touch, let alone "sit", on any of Buford's items. However, one of the highlights of our day was sitting on Buford's lovely sofa while watching film clips of him. In addition, his aunt works at the museum/house and is full of stories of the real Buford. Great visit! Lovely furnishings!! Is a nice addition to the visit to Graceland vacation.[Darla & Steve Merritt, 08/22/1998]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Buford Pusser Died Here, Adamsville, TN - 5 mi.
- Pink Lady Catfish, Savannah, TN - 8 mi.
- Oldest Drug Store-Soda Fountain in Mississippi, Corinth, MS - 22 mi.
- In the region: Rockabilly Hall of Fame: Elvis Defibrillator of Death, Jackson, TN - 36 mi.