Gatlinburg, Tennessee: Fiji Merman
The merman is a P.T. Barnum freak (or perhaps a replica), there's a 2-headed calf, and other Ripley's staples.
Ripley's Believe It or Not!
- 800 Parkway, Gatlinburg, TN
- Ripley's Believe It or Not! On US Hwy 441 -- the downtown Strip -- known locally as Parkway.
- Daily 10 am - 9 pm. (Call to verify)
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Ripley's Believe It or Not! Museum
Visitor Tips and News About Fiji Merman
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
It's hard to pin down what is the freakiest exhibit in this museum. The shrunken heads? The torture chambers? The two-headed calf? The guy with the horn in the back of his head next to the guy with the longest nose?
We refrained from touching the African fertility statues, as some do here, to try to get pregnant. I already have two kids, and that's enough for me.
[Kevin Shay, 08/21/2010]
Just to let you know that the Ripley's Museum in Gatlinburg, TN has one of the Fiji mermen (at least the last two times I was there). It is on the smaller side, but an interesting sight nonetheless.
[Chris Miller, 03/30/1998]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
May 25, 2013
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Tennessee Latest Tips and Stories
- The Miner's Circle - Mine Explosion Graves, Lake City, Tennessee
- Feature: National Knife Museum, Sevierville, Tennessee
- Feature: Mud Island, Memphis, Tennessee
- Feature: Hannah's Maze of Mirrors, Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
- Sugar Flat Road Creature, Chattanooga, Tennessee
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Mountain Meadows Massacre Mass Grave, Central, Utah
- Replica of Thomas Jefferson's Monticello, Monticello, Indiana
- Buffalo Trails Museum, Epping, North Dakota
- Ice Cream Cone Shaped Building, Kissimmee, Florida
- Gnarled Hand Rising from the Earth, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Latest Visitor Tips