Portland, Oregon: World's Largest Continual Chocolate WaterfallTwenty feet tall, and it smells delicious.
The Candy Basket
- 1924 NE 181st Ave., Portland, OR
- The Candy Basket. West edge of town. I-84 exit 13, then one block south on 181st Ave. On the corner of 181st Ave. and San Rafael St.
- M-F 9-6, Sa 10-5, Su 12-5. (Call to verify)
Visitor Tips and News About World's Largest Continual Chocolate Waterfall
The smell of burnt chocolate lingered in the air. We took a load off in the comfy red chairs while posing for pictures. We enjoyed a sample and purchased some sweets for the trip.[Tevera, 08/29/2013]
The Chocolate Waterfall is located right inside the door at The Candy Basket. We talked to the lady working there who told us that the waterfall, which looks more like a fountain, has been around since 1903 (The fountain, not the chocolate!).
It's a great place to stop by since it's right off the freeway. Also, it doesn't take long to look at the waterfall, buy some chocolate and get back on the road again.[Lisa, 05/07/2009]
We stopped by on a Sunday, and although the store was closed we put noses to the window and could see the waterfall cascading inside.
20 ft. Chocolate Waterfall inside the Candy Basket store.[Joel Lechelt, 04/05/2006]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- The Grotto: Catholic Cliff Shrines and Gardens, Portland, OR - 5 mi.
- Taxidermy Wooden Moose, Vancouver, WA - 7 mi.
- Strip Club Shaped like a Jug, Portland, OR - 5 mi.
- Wendy the Welder - Striding Cubist Lady Worker Statue, Vancouver, WA - 10 mi.