Bronx, New York: Plaque: Ernie Bushmiller Born Here
A plaque on a building in a community garden marks the birthplace of the comic strip artist who created Nancy.
United We Stand Garden
- 633 E. 137th St., Bronx, NY
- United We Stand Garden. Exit 1 off the Major Deagen Expressway (Rte. 87) or Exit 45 off the Bruckner Expressway. E. 137th St. between St. Anns and Cypress Aves, north side,
Cartoonist Ernie Bushmiller Birthplace
Visitor Tips and News About Plaque: Ernie Bushmiller Born Here
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
In the Point Morris section of the Bronx, there is a community garden called The United We Stand Community Garden, a part of St. Luke's Park. There is a plaque marking the building in the park as an "International Historic Site," as it is the birthplace in 1905 of "Nancy" comic strip artist Ernie Bushmiller!
[Kerby Lovallo, 09/08/2006]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
November 1, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
New York Latest Tips and Stories
- The Original American Kazoo Company and Museum, Eden, New York
- Feature: Professional Wrestling Hall of Fame, Amsterdam, New York
- Goose Haven - Big Metal Goose, Montezuma, New York
- Statue of the Inventor of Buffalo Wings, Buffalo, New York
- Big Metal Dragon, East Bethany, New York
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Stan the Submerging Man - Replaced by a Pyramid, Davis, California
- Unclaimed Baggage, Sacramento, California
- Florence Y'all Water Tower, Florence, Kentucky
- Vintners Walk, Rancho Cucamonga, California
- Tiny Post Office, Sardis, Kentucky
Latest Visitor Tips