Bronx, New York: Plaque: Ernie Bushmiller Born Here
A plaque on a building in a community garden marks the birthplace of the comic strip artist who created Nancy.
United We Stand Garden
- 633 E. 137th St., Bronx, NY
- United We Stand Garden. Exit 1 off the Major Deagen Expressway (Rte. 87) or Exit 45 off the Bruckner Expressway. E. 137th St. between St. Anns and Cypress Aves, north side,
Cartoonist Ernie Bushmiller Birthplace
Visitor Tips and News About Plaque: Ernie Bushmiller Born Here
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
In the Point Morris section of the Bronx, there is a community garden called The United We Stand Community Garden, a part of St. Luke's Park. There is a plaque marking the building in the park as an "International Historic Site," as it is the birthplace in 1905 of "Nancy" comic strip artist Ernie Bushmiller!
[Kerby Lovallo, 09/08/2006]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
March 2, 2015
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
New York Latest Tips and Stories
- World's Smallest Railroad Diner, Trumansburg, New York
- Big Metal Dragon, East Bethany, New York
- Storytown - Vague Recollections, Lake George, New York
- Roebling Bridge, Minisink Ford, New York
- Balanced Rock, North Salem, New York
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: World's Largest Collection of Autographed Baseballs, St. Petersburg, Florida
- Flea Market Mascot Big Cow, Savannah, Georgia
- Blue Angel Weather Vane, Las Vegas, Nevada
- Cathedral of Junk, Austin, Texas
- Old Hardhide - Town Gator in a Cage, Ponchatoula, Louisiana
Latest Visitor Tips