Bronx, New York: Plaque: Ernie Bushmiller Born HereA plaque on a building in a community garden marks the birthplace of the comic strip artist who created Nancy.
United We Stand Garden
- 633 E. 137th St., Bronx, NY
- United We Stand Garden. Exit 1 off the Major Deagen Expressway (Rte. 87) or Exit 45 off the Bruckner Expressway. E. 137th St. between St. Anns and Cypress Aves, north side,
Visitor Tips and News About Plaque: Ernie Bushmiller Born Here
In the Point Morris section of the Bronx, there is a community garden called The United We Stand Community Garden, a part of St. Luke's Park. There is a plaque marking the building in the park as an "International Historic Site," as it is the birthplace in 1905 of "Nancy" comic strip artist Ernie Bushmiller![Kerby Lovallo, 09/08/2006]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Graffiti Hall of Fame, New York, NY - 2 mi.
- Monument to the Father of Gynecology and Experimenter on Slave Women, New York, NY - 2 mi.
- The Hall of Fame for Great Americans, Bronx, NY - 4 mi.
- Last Identifiable Piece of the Normandie, Brooklyn, NY - 9 mi.