Bronx, New York: Plaque: Ernie Bushmiller Born Here
A plaque on a building in a community garden marks the birthplace of the comic strip artist who created Nancy.
United We Stand Garden
- 633 E. 137th St., Bronx, NY
- United We Stand Garden. Exit 1 off the Major Deagen Expressway (Rte. 87) or Exit 45 off the Bruckner Expressway. E. 137th St. between St. Anns and Cypress Aves, north side,
Cartoonist Ernie Bushmiller Birthplace
Visitor Tips and News About Plaque: Ernie Bushmiller Born Here
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
In the Point Morris section of the Bronx, there is a community garden called The United We Stand Community Garden, a part of St. Luke's Park. There is a plaque marking the building in the park as an "International Historic Site," as it is the birthplace in 1905 of "Nancy" comic strip artist Ernie Bushmiller!
[Kerby Lovallo, 09/08/2006]
September 27, 2016
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
New York Latest Tips and Stories
- Duke Ellington Piano Statue, New York, New York
- Brooklyn Puparazzi, Brooklyn, New York
- Buffalo Running Through a Wall, Corning, New York
- Nipper the RCA Dog, Albany, New York
- Genesee Brew House Museum, Rochester, New York
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Doug Bast's House of History, Boonsboro, Maryland
- Phil Collins' 1836 Alamo Model, San Antonio, Texas
- B-29 Bomber Collision Site, Weatherford, Texas
- Big Ice Cream Cone, Abbotsford, Wisconsin
- Foamhenge, Natural Bridge, Virginia