Bronx, New York: Plaque: Ernie Bushmiller Born Here
A plaque on a building in a community garden marks the birthplace of the comic strip artist who created Nancy.
United We Stand Garden
- 633 E. 137th St., Bronx, NY
- United We Stand Garden. Exit 1 off the Major Deagen Expressway (Rte. 87) or Exit 45 off the Bruckner Expressway. E. 137th St. between St. Anns and Cypress Aves, north side,
Cartoonist Ernie Bushmiller Birthplace
Visitor Tips and News About Plaque: Ernie Bushmiller Born Here
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
In the Point Morris section of the Bronx, there is a community garden called The United We Stand Community Garden, a part of St. Luke's Park. There is a plaque marking the building in the park as an "International Historic Site," as it is the birthplace in 1905 of "Nancy" comic strip artist Ernie Bushmiller!
[Kerby Lovallo, 09/08/2006]
May 6, 2015
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
New York Latest Tips and Stories
- Cemetery Stonehenge, Cheektowaga, New York
- Bridge that Inspired "It's A Wonderful Life", Seneca Falls, New York
- Tenement Museum, New York, New York
- Lake Erie Pirate Ship, Barcelona, New York
- Muffler Man sighting, Lake George/Lake Vanare, New York
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Clown Circus Liquor Neon Sign, North Hollywood, California
- Nicholas Beazley Aviation Museum, Marshall, Missouri
- Wilson's General Store and Cafe Vintage Sign Collection, Evansville, Indiana
- 1905 U.S. Population Center, Nashville, Indiana
- Presidents Hall of Fame, Clermont, Florida