Bronx, New York: Plaque: Ernie Bushmiller Born Here
A plaque on a building in a community garden marks the birthplace of the comic strip artist who created Nancy.
United We Stand Garden
- 633 E. 137th St., Bronx, NY
- United We Stand Garden. Exit 1 off the Major Deagen Expressway (Rte. 87) or Exit 45 off the Bruckner Expressway. E. 137th St. between St. Anns and Cypress Aves, north side,
Cartoonist Ernie Bushmiller Birthplace
Visitor Tips and News About Plaque: Ernie Bushmiller Born Here
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
In the Point Morris section of the Bronx, there is a community garden called The United We Stand Community Garden, a part of St. Luke's Park. There is a plaque marking the building in the park as an "International Historic Site," as it is the birthplace in 1905 of "Nancy" comic strip artist Ernie Bushmiller!
[Kerby Lovallo, 09/08/2006]
December 1, 2015
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
New York Latest Tips and Stories
- 15-Foot-Tall Bronze Indian, Avon, New York
- Last Howard Johnson's in the World, Lake George, New York
- Headless Horseman Monument, Sleepy Hollow, New York
- Marconi Radio Test Tower, Binghamton, New York
- Only Outdoor U.S. ATM That Pays in Gold, New York, New York
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Carson Mansion - Quintessential Haunted House, Eureka, California
- Stand on Three States: Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Fremont, Indiana
- Shades of Death Road, Great Meadows, New Jersey
- Polka Hall of Fame and Museum, Euclid, Ohio
- Museum of Wonder, Seale, Alabama