Downer, Minnesota: Shoe Fence
The fence has been a magnet for unwanted footwear since the 1990s.
- County Hwy 10, Downer, MN
- East of Downer on CR 10, east side of Hwy 32, just before you enter into Becker County. Turn down 169th St., go about half a mile. Fence on right.
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Visitor Tips and News About Shoe Fence
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Downer Shoe Fence
The Downer Shoe Fence is quite a bit east of Downer. Keep going until you are on the east side of MN Hwy 32. The shoe fence was about a mile long counting both sides of the hwy when I saw it.
Lining both sides of the highway are fences with shoes on top of all the fence posts. As the fence posts filled, people next started to nail shoes up the telephone poles along the fence line. This has been growing for over 10 years.
November 29, 2015
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Minnesota Latest Tips and Stories
- Famous Mickey's Dining Car, St Paul, Minnesota
- Birthplace of F. Scott Fitzgerald, St. Paul, Minnesota
- Feature: Big Fish Supper Club, Bena, Minnesota
- Huge Kid Reading a Book, Detroit Lakes, Minnesota
- Kaleidoscopic Mural of Bob Dylan, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- The Blue Hole, Santa Rosa, New Mexico
- Eiffel Tower Fountain, Gasquet, California
- Last Place James Dean Stopped for Gas, Lost Hills, California
- Deer Statues - Scioto Lounge, Columbus, Ohio
- Johnny Appleseed Grave, Fort Wayne, Indiana