Downer, Minnesota: Shoe Fence
The fence has been a magnet for unwanted footwear since the 1990s.
- County Hwy 10, Downer, MN
- East of Downer on CR 10, east side of Hwy 32, just before you enter into Becker County. Turn down 169th St., go about half a mile. Fence on right.
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Downer Shoe Fence
Visitor Tips and News About Shoe Fence
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
The Downer Shoe Fence is quite a bit east of Downer. Keep going until you are on the east side of MN Hwy 32. The shoe fence was about a mile long counting both sides of the hwy when I saw it.
Lining both sides of the highway are fences with shoes on top of all the fence posts. As the fence posts filled, people next started to nail shoes up the telephone poles along the fence line. This has been growing for over 10 years.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
July 31, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Minnesota Latest Tips and Stories
- Northernmost School in the Contiguous (Lower 48) States, Angle Inlet, Minnesota
- Northernmost Post Office in the Lower 48 States, Angle Inlet, Minnesota
- Jolly Green Giant, Blue Earth, Minnesota
- Bench for "You Can't Always Get What You Want" Man, Excelsior, Minnesota
- Paul Bunyan's Chair and Tin Man, Grand Rapids, Minnesota
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Comic Rockstars Toilet Seat Museum, San Francisco, California
- Backyard Golden Gate Bridge Replica, Mulvane, Kansas
- Future Birthplace of James T. Kirk, Riverside, Iowa
- Feature: Mardi Gras World, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Al's Oasis - Big Buffalo, Oacoma, South Dakota
Latest Visitor Tips