Parkersburg, West Virginia: Oil and Gas Museum
America's first oil millionaires were made in places like Parkersburg.
- 119 Third St., Parkersburg, WV
- I-77 exit 176. Follow US 50 west 2.5 miles into downtown. Just before the bridge into Ohio, turn left onto Ann Street, then left again onto Third Street.
- M-F 11-4, Sa 11-5, Su 12-5. (Call to verify)
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Visitor Tips and News About Oil and Gas Museum
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Oil and Gas Museum
In downtown Parkersburg is a small museum on the gas and oil findings that made millionaires out of West Virginians and Ohioians in this area before the Oil Boom of Texas. Many exhibits inside and out, with a short movie.
[Greg Pfaff, 07/03/2007]
October 13, 2015
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
West Virginia Latest Tips and Stories
- Tiny Church, Buckhannon, West Virginia
- Statue of Minnehaha, Elkins, West Virginia
- Circus and Carnival Mini-Museum, Moundsville, West Virginia
- Free Speech Stump, Weston, West Virginia
- Westbrook's Esso Station, Kingwood, West Virginia
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- World's Smallest Skyscraper, Wichita Falls, Texas
- Fried Green Tomatoes: The Whistle Stop Cafe, Juliette, Georgia
- First Dairy Queen, Joliet, Illinois
- Feature: Wild Blueberry Land: World's Largest Blueberry, Columbia Falls, Maine
- Feature: Monkey From Mars, Decatur, Georgia