Parkersburg, West Virginia: Oil and Gas Museum
America's first oil millionaires were made in places like Parkersburg.
- 119 Third St., Parkersburg, WV
- I-77 exit 176. Follow US 50 west 2.5 miles into downtown. Just before the bridge into Ohio, turn left onto Ann Street, then left again onto Third Street.
- M-F 11-4, Sa 11-5, Su 12-5. (Call to verify)
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Visitor Tips and News About Oil and Gas Museum
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Oil and Gas Museum
In downtown Parkersburg is a small museum on the gas and oil findings that made millionaires out of West Virginians and Ohioians in this area before the Oil Boom of Texas. Many exhibits inside and out, with a short movie.
[Greg Pfaff, 07/03/2007]
July 28, 2015
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
West Virginia Latest Tips and Stories
- The Farnham Colossi, Unger, West Virginia
- Feature: Burial Ground of the Hatfields, Sarah Ann, West Virginia
- Feature: Corner of Hatfield and McCoy Streets, Matewan, West Virginia
- Hillybilly Marble Maker Sam Hogue, Ellenboro, West Virginia
- Circus and Carnival Mini-Museum, Moundsville, West Virginia
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Clothespin Grave Marker, Middlesex, Vermont
- Giant Sonic Drink Water Tank, Choctaw, Oklahoma
- Big Walleye, Isle, Minnesota
- Stephen Foster's Horse Jawbone, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Natural Chimneys, Mount Solon, Virginia