Parkersburg, West Virginia: Oil and Gas Museum
America's first oil millionaires were made in places like Parkersburg.
- 119 Third St., Parkersburg, WV
- I-77 exit 176. Follow US 50 west 2.5 miles into downtown. Just before the bridge into Ohio, turn left onto Ann Street, then left again onto Third Street.
- M-F 11-4, Sa 11-5, Su 12-5. (Call to verify)
Visitor Tips and News About Oil and Gas Museum
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Oil and Gas Museum
In downtown Parkersburg is a small museum on the gas and oil findings that made millionaires out of West Virginians and Ohioians in this area before the Oil Boom of Texas. Many exhibits inside and out, with a short movie.
[Greg Pfaff, 07/03/2007]
May 25, 2015
West Virginia Latest Tips and Stories
- Pope John Paul II Outside a Restaurant, Wheeling, West Virginia
- Tiny Church, Elkins, West Virginia
- Giant Apple Time Capsule, Martinsburg, West Virginia
- Reproduction Stockade Fort, Point Pleasant, West Virginia
- Wheeling Island Flood Memorial Wall, Wheeling, West Virginia
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Korean War Foxhole, San Antonio, Texas
- Feature: National WWII Museum, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Buckhorn Hall of Horns, San Antonio, Texas
- Tin Man from Oz, Readfield, Wisconsin
- Cave Restaurant, Richland, Missouri