Parkersburg, West Virginia: Oil and Gas MuseumAmerica's first oil millionaires were made in places like Parkersburg.
- 119 Third St., Parkersburg, WV
- I-77 exit 176. Follow US 50 west 2.5 miles into downtown. Just before the bridge into Ohio, turn left onto Ann Street, then left again onto Third Street.
- M-F 11-4, Sa 11-5, Su 12-5. (Call to verify)
Visitor Tips and News About Oil and Gas Museum
In downtown Parkersburg is a small museum on the gas and oil findings that made millionaires out of West Virginians and Ohioians in this area before the Oil Boom of Texas. Many exhibits inside and out, with a short movie.[Greg Pfaff, 07/03/2007]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- VP Aaron Burr's Death Mask: Seditionist Island Utopia, Parkersburg, WV - < 1 mi.
- Muffler Man, Parkersburg, WV - 1 mi.
- Ohio's Smallest Church, Coolville, OH - 11 mi.
- In the region: Mothman Statue, Point Pleasant, WV - 42 mi.