Parkersburg, West Virginia: Oil and Gas Museum
America's first oil millionaires were made in places like Parkersburg.
- 119 Third St., Parkersburg, WV
- I-77 exit 176. Follow US 50 west 2.5 miles into downtown. Just before the bridge into Ohio, turn left onto Ann Street, then left again onto Third Street.
- M-F 11-4, Sa 11-5, Su 12-5. (Call to verify)
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Visitor Tips and News About Oil and Gas Museum
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Oil and Gas Museum
In downtown Parkersburg is a small museum on the gas and oil findings that made millionaires out of West Virginians and Ohioians in this area before the Oil Boom of Texas. Many exhibits inside and out, with a short movie.
[Greg Pfaff, 07/03/2007]
August 27, 2015
West Virginia Latest Tips and Stories
- Big Metal Rooster, Wardensville, West Virginia
- Braxton County Monster Chair, Gassaway, West Virginia
- Hillbilly Hot Dogs - We Got the Weenies, Lesage, West Virginia
- Big Chair, Elkins, West Virginia
- The Farnham Colossi, Unger, West Virginia
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: John Deere Tractor and Engine Museum, Waterloo, Iowa
- Lonely Putt-Putt Giraffe, Ontario, Ohio
- Roy's Cafe Motel - Famous Sign, Amboy, California
- VHAS's Statue of Liberty, Vineland, New Jersey
- Big Honza's Museum of Unnatural History, Montgomery, Minnesota