Parkersburg, West Virginia: Oil and Gas Museum
America's first oil millionaires were made in places like Parkersburg.
- 119 Third St., Parkersburg, WV
- I-77 exit 176. Follow US 50 west 2.5 miles into downtown. Just before the bridge into Ohio, turn left onto Ann Street, then left again onto Third Street.
- M-F 11-4, Sa 11-5, Su 12-5. (Call to verify)
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Visitor Tips and News About Oil and Gas Museum
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Oil and Gas Museum
In downtown Parkersburg is a small museum on the gas and oil findings that made millionaires out of West Virginians and Ohioians in this area before the Oil Boom of Texas. Many exhibits inside and out, with a short movie.
[Greg Pfaff, 07/03/2007]
July 6, 2015
West Virginia Latest Tips and Stories
- Circus and Carnival Mini-Museum, Moundsville, West Virginia
- Marx Toy Museum, Moundsville, West Virginia
- World's Largest Teapot, Chester, West Virginia
- Pope John Paul II Outside a Restaurant, Wheeling, West Virginia
- Tiny Church, Elkins, West Virginia
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Foamhenge, Natural Bridge, Virginia
- Golden Spike National Historic Site, Promontory Summit, Utah
- Teal Dinosaur, Jensen, Utah
- Corn Palace, Mitchell, South Dakota
- Dinosaur Photo-Op, Jensen, Utah