Bonner Springs, Kansas: Truman's Plow, Agricultural Hall of Fame
A collection of anvils, barbed wire, and a President's plow. Pure Kansas.
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
President Harry Truman’s Plow
Visitor Tips and News About Truman's Plow, Agricultural Hall of Fame
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
The museum exhibits the very walking plow pulled by mules that the former President used while farming in Grandview, Missouri prior to WWI. The well-preserved and shiny plow sits on an Astroturf-topped pedestal that doesn't quite impart its ability to bust sod. Rather it gives it a distinguished and refined look worthy of the World's Only American Presidential Plow.
This is one of the most unusual exhibits in a museum filled with many strange and odd things. Another fascinating exhibit at the museum is the barbed wire manufacturing machine.
[Phil Pasquini, 09/08/2009]
Agricultural Hall of Fame
Cathy Hunter, director, told us, "We have over 300 anvils."
[RoadsideAmerica.com Team, 07/05/2007]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
April 17, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Kansas Latest Tips and Stories
- Statue of Liberty and other Tree Trunk Statues, Garnett, Kansas
- Pioneer Mother of Kansas, Liberal, Kansas
- Lighthouse Library, Dexter, Kansas
- Caldwell Box Turtle, Caldwell, Kansas
- World's Largest Easel, Goodland, Kansas
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Champions For Humanity: Mount Rushmore of California, Oakland, California
- Statue of Pegasus, Jacksonville Beach, Florida
- Large Floating Rubber Duck, Jacksonville, Florida
- Swamis - Self Realization Fellowship, Encinitas, California
- Kermit the Frog and Jim Henson Statue, College Park, Maryland
Latest Visitor Tips