Kansas City, Kansas: Meals Delivered by Model Railroad
You sit in little booths, order your food by telephone, and it's brought to you by a train that comes to your table and drops it on a tray stuck to the wall.
Fritz's Railroad Restaurant
- 250 N. 18th St., Kansas City, KS
- Fritz's Railroad Restaurant. I-70 exit 420B. Drive north on 18th St. for six blocks. On the left, one block north of Central Ave., on the corner of 18th St. and Grandview Blvd.
Meals Delivered by Model Railroad
Visitor Tips and News About Meals Delivered by Model Railroad
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Anyone visiting KC, KS or close must go to Fritz's Union Station, 250 N 18th St, Kansas City, for Meals Delivered by Model Railroad.
You sit in little booths, order your food by telephone -- it is brought to you via a train. It goes all the way around the restaurant until it comes to your table and drops it on a tray stuck to the wall. The most interesting dining experience I've had.
It's been there forever and rumor has it, they are opening one in Crown Center next year!
[Tara Teel, 11/20/1999]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
October 20, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Kansas Latest Tips and Stories
- World's Largest Ball of Twine, Cawker City, Kansas
- World's Largest Czech Egg, Wilson, Kansas
- Norman No. 1 Oil Well and Museum, Neodesha, Kansas
- Geographic Center of the 48 states, Lebanon, Kansas
- Dennis Hopper's Muffler Men, Dodge City, Kansas
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Western Mining Museum, Helper, Utah
- Elvis Shrine Inside Trophy Business Showroom, Hartford, Connecticut
- Giant Pepsi Can, Worthing, South Dakota
- Aztec Crash Site, Aztec, New Mexico
- Dolphin Tree Carving, Blowing Cave, Kennebunkport, Maine
Latest Visitor Tips