Kearney, Nebraska: Oxen Pulling a Prairie SchoonerBig ox haul futilely at a giant covered wagon.
- 23835 W. 24th St., Kearney, NE
- On the north side of US Hwy 30/W. 24th St., between Dove Hill and 62nd Aves., roughly four miles west of Kearney.
Visitor Tips and News About Oxen Pulling a Prairie Schooner
The building is being repaired and turned into real estate offices. According to the worker that was on-site, the oxen are staying.[Amy Puczylowski, 10/16/2010]
While driving west on US-30 from Kearney you'll find two gigantic oxen pulling a prairie schooner. The prairie schooner is really the outer part of a building that used to be a trading post and the oxen are actually part of the building. The trading post closed some years ago when the owner passed away, and the building is now in poor condition. It's a memento of the way things "used to be" on the old highway.[John Holmes, 08/14/2007]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Bicentennial Wind Sculpture, Shelton, NE - 3 mi.
- The Archway, Kearney, NE - 7 mi.
- Chevyland U.S.A., Elm Creek, NE - 10 mi.
- In the region: Monument: Where Brothers Were Pinned Together By An Arrow, Alda, NE - 36 mi.