Ames, Iowa: Metal Woman's Head
A large head of a woman, as interpreted by artist Dennis Patton. The wood version decayed, so it's been replaced with one made of rusting steel.
- Lincoln Way, Ames, IA
- Downtown, on the southwest corner of US Hwy 69/Grand Ave. and Hwy 930/Lincoln Way.
Results 1 to 4 of 4...
Visitor Tips and News About Metal Woman's Head
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Metal sculpture of a woman's head, on Lincoln Way, east of Iowa State University.
[Jack Steck, 03/01/2010]
Wooden Lady - Now Metal Lady
An update on the "wooden lady". The ugliest statue I've ever seen in my life was taken down last year, to my delight, as the wood was rotting. Amazingly, it was replaced with an identical metal one. Lucky us.
[Shirley Corley, 03/04/2000]
Wooden Lady - Replacement Coming
The wooden lady in Ames was just removed from the corner of Grand Avenue and Lincolnway on 10/21/98). They will be making a steel replica of it becaused it has deteriorated so much.
[Jean Heintz, 11/01/1998]
The statue, titled "Woman's Head," is at the corner of Lincoln Way and Grand Ave. It's just outside the parking lot of the shopping center with the Target and Hy-Vee grocery store.
[ Paul Rabe, 09/06/1998]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
October 22, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Iowa Latest Tips and Stories
- The Bridges Of Madison County, Winterset, Iowa
- Large Indoor Rocking Chair, West Amana, Iowa
- World's Largest Wooden Nickel, Iowa City, Iowa
- Swedesburg Museum and Straw Goat, Swedesburg, Iowa
- Spritzing Elephants and Crocodile, Marshalltown, Iowa
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Cateraptasaurus, Rosedale, Maryland
- Mother Mary's Totem, San Luis, Colorado
- Penobscot Narrows Observatory and Bridge, Prospect, Maine
- Big Travel Mug, North Smithfield, Rhode Island
- Mr. Potato Head Pizza Guy, Providence, Rhode Island
Latest Visitor Tips