Elkton, Tennessee: Giant Chicken with Chef Hat
What's even more impressive than its size and its chef's hat is that it carries its own carving knife.
- 1371 Bryson Rd, Elkton, TN
- Shady Lawn Truck Stop. I-65 exit 6, northeast side. In front of Shell station.
- July 2013: Shady Lawn Truck Stop reported closed.
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Results 1 to 4 of 4...
Giant Chicken with Chef Hat
Visitor Tips and News About Giant Chicken with Chef Hat
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
The Shady Lawn Truck Stop is closed and appears to be in the process of demolition. The chicken is still there but may not be for long. [Cynthia, 07/30/2013]
Giant Chicken with Chef's Hat
The chicken's size is best appreciated when photographed with someone to show relative scale.
Big Chicken - Missing Fork
Shady Lawn Truck Stop has always been a favorite stop off I-65. They have a great breakfast, lunch and dinner and you might even bump in to a country music star.
The Big Chicken out front serves as a good photo prop. I noticed the fork was missing and they said someone stole it during Spring Break this year! That little piece of history is probably hanging in someone's dorm room.
This giant chicken has been at the Shady Lawn Truck Stop since I can remember. It wears a chef hat and has a knife and fork under its wings. My family did a lot of traveling between Nashville and Birmingham, and we always stopped here for a break. I do it with my kids now. It's BIG! [Danae, 03/05/2008]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Saturn 1B Rocket, Elkmont, AL - 9 mi.
- Sam Davis Museum, Hanging Site, Pulaski, TN - 11 mi.
- Statue of Sam Davis, Rebel Martyr, Pulaski, TN - 12 mi.
- In the region: Mt. Pleasant-Maury Phosphate Museum, Mount Pleasant, TN - 36 mi.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
July 26, 2014
Tennessee Latest Tips and Stories
- Grave of Beautiful Jim Key, the Educated Horse, Shelbyville, Tennessee
- Muffler Man - Indian, Cross Plains, Tennessee
- Obelisk - Geographic Center of Tennessee, Murfreesboro, Tennessee
- World's Largest Cedar Bucket, Murfreesboro, Tennessee
- Pink Elephant with Martini Glass, Cross Plains, Tennessee
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Salem Sue, World's Largest Holstein Cow, New Salem, North Dakota
- Grand Canyon Deer Farm, Williams, Arizona
- Sit On Einstein's Lap, Washington, DC
- Gargoyles, Washington National Cathedral, Washington, DC
- Big Bluegill Fish, Birchwood, Wisconsin
Latest Visitor Tips