West Virginia's self-described underground wonderland, home to the world's largest ribbon stalactite and a subterranean pool filled with golden trout.
- German Valley Rd., Riverton, WV
- Off of US 33/Hwy 28 midway between Riverton and Seneca Rocks. Turn east on German Valley Rd and follow the signs.
- Apr 1- Oct 31, W-Su 10-5 plus major summer holidays. (Call to verify)
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Don't Mess With This Hole
Visitor Tips and News About Seneca Caverns
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
It's never wise to close a popular tourist attraction in an election year, even if that attraction is just a hole in the ground.
... [03/03/2008] Complete News Story
August 2, 2015
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
West Virginia Latest Tips and Stories
- The Farnham Colossi, Unger, West Virginia
- Feature: Burial Ground of the Hatfields, Sarah Ann, West Virginia
- Feature: Corner of Hatfield and McCoy Streets, Matewan, West Virginia
- Hillybilly Marble Maker Sam Hogue, Ellenboro, West Virginia
- Circus and Carnival Mini-Museum, Moundsville, West Virginia
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Lenin Statue, Seattle, Washington
- Clothespin Grave Marker, Middlesex, Vermont
- Giant Sonic Drink Water Tank, Choctaw, Oklahoma
- Big Walleye, Isle, Minnesota
- Stephen Foster's Horse Jawbone, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania