West Virginia's self-described underground wonderland, home to the world's largest ribbon stalactite and a subterranean pool filled with golden trout.
- German Valley Rd., Riverton, WV
- Off of US 33/Hwy 28 midway between Riverton and Seneca Rocks. Turn east on German Valley Rd and follow the signs.
- Apr 1- Oct 31, W-Su 10-5 plus major summer holidays. (Call to verify)
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Don't Mess With This Hole
Visitor Tips and News About Seneca Caverns
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
It's never wise to close a popular tourist attraction in an election year, even if that attraction is just a hole in the ground.
... [03/03/2008] Complete News Story
February 6, 2016
West Virginia Latest Tips and Stories
- Paul Bunyan and Babe, Nitro, West Virginia
- First Amputation of the Civil War, Philippi, West Virginia
- Grave Creek Mound, Moundsville, West Virginia
- Frostop Drive-In, Huntington, West Virginia
- Metal Elephant, Wheeling, West Virginia
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Memorial to Doomed Space Shuttle Astronaut, Beaufort, North Carolina
- 20-Foot-Tall Wooden Nickel, Carl's Corner, Texas
- Seated Native American Statue, Roosevelt, Utah
- James Dean Birth Site Memorial, Marion, Indiana
- Biosphere 2, Oracle, Arizona