West Virginia's self-described underground wonderland, home to the world's largest ribbon stalactite and a subterranean pool filled with golden trout.
- German Valley Rd., Riverton, WV
- Off of US 33/Hwy 28 midway between Riverton and Seneca Rocks. Turn east on German Valley Rd and follow the signs.
- Apr 1- Oct 31, W-Su 10-5 plus major summer holidays. (Call to verify)
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Don't Mess With This Hole
Visitor Tips and News About Seneca Caverns
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
It's never wise to close a popular tourist attraction in an election year, even if that attraction is just a hole in the ground.
... [03/03/2008] Complete News Story
April 30, 2017
West Virginia Latest Tips and Stories
- Weeping Woman Grave, Parkersburg, West Virginia
- Archive of the Afterlife, Moundsville, West Virginia
- Prabhupada's Palace of Gold, New Vrindaban, West Virginia
- The Mystery Hole, Ansted, West Virginia
- Pink And Green Giraffe, Huntington, West Virginia
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- The Chairy Orchard, Denton, Texas
- Toy and Action Figure Museum, Pauls Valley, Oklahoma
- Giant Purple Face of Prince, Chanhassen, Minnesota
- Halfwit Muffler Man, Holmeson, New Jersey
- Vietnam Memorial, Mineral Wells, Texas