Ellsworth, Maine: Big EyeglassesFashionable eyewear for a circa 1980 giant grace the outside wall of an optician's office.
Jerry J Jordan Opticians
- Jerry J Jordan Opticians. East side of US Hwy 1/High St. around a half-mile south of Main St. Next to the L.L. Bean outlet.
- May 2013: Reported gone
Visitor Tips and News About Big Eyeglasses
The Jerry J. Jordan Opticians is no longer there, so the Glasses are gone as well.[Aanda, 05/08/2013]
Those giant 1980s-style plastic specs probably have historical value. Hope they didn't wind up in a dumpster....
On the outside of Jordan Opticians is a giant pair of eyeglasses, large enough for Paul Bunyan (who is immortalized with a statue in nearby Bangor, Maine).[Lydia Stevens, 07/06/2008]
Not quite big enough to qualify as a landmark vs. optician signage found elsewhere. A permanent plaque nearby claiming they are "Paul Bunyan's Reading Glasses" would probably do the trick...
Nearby Offbeat Places
- The Great Maine Lumberjack Show, Trenton, ME - 3 mi.
- Ray Murphy's Chainsaw Show, Hancock, ME - 5 mi.
- Large Fiberglass Lobster, Hancock, ME - 5 mi.
- In the region: Penobscot Narrows Bridge Observatory, Fort Knox Tunnels, Prospect, ME - 19 mi.