Buncombe, Illinois: Yard Skull
Five feet tall, with black teeth, and what appears to be a pirate bandanna. It has "a long history," according to its owners.
- Hwy 37, Buncombe, IL
- 1.5 miles north of Hwy 146 on Hwy 37, starting at West Vienna. South of Marion on Hwy 37, first house on the right after the inn and bar at Buncombe.
- M-Sa 9 am - 5 pm, Su 1-5 pm.
Results 1 to 3 of 3...
Visitor Tips and News About Yard Skull
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
This unique yard decoration is cemented in place next to a garage building at a private residence. The owners continue to invite passersby to stop and pose with it. [RoadsideAmerica.com Team, 05/02/2014]
This is a fiberglass skull a bit over 5 feet tall. It has a long history behind it.
My husband has owned it for about 17 yrs. I married the owner 11 yrs ago, so the skull came with him. Anyone is welcome to stop by. We get a lot of passersby who stop and take pictures of it. Get out and take each others' picture beside it!
[Shordy Ramsey, 03/24/2009]
This is a skull a bit over 5 feet tall. It has a long history behind it. It's made of fiberglass. My husband has owned it for about 16 yrs. I married the owner 10 yrs ago, so the skull came with him. Anyone is welcome to stop by. We get a lot of passersby that stop and take pictures of it. [Shordy Ramsey, 07/25/2008]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Grave Of King Neptune The Pig, Mount Pleasant, IL - 9 mi.
- Buck Rogers-esque Water Tower, Makanda, IL - 15 mi.
- Monument to Boomer, 3-Legged Hero Dog, Makanda, IL - 17 mi.
- In the region: Pig Car, Alien Car, Jingle Jugs Truck, McClure, IL - 31 mi.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
July 22, 2014
Illinois Latest Tips and Stories
- Huge Wooden Colonial Guy, St. Charles, Illinois
- Buck Rogers-esque Water Tower, Makanda, Illinois
- Tiny Church - The Traveler's Chapel, Nashville, Illinois
- College Lincoln's Lucky Nose, Urbana, Illinois
- Wind Farm Lookout Platform, Ellsworth, Illinois
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- World's Largest Virgin Mary Mosaic, San Antonio, Texas
- Large Metal Glasses, Taos, New Mexico
- Cottonwood Madonna - Virgin of the Tree, Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Voodoo Doughnut, Eugene, Oregon
- Black Bear Inn Bear Statue, Dubois, Wyoming
Latest Visitor Tips