Buncombe, Illinois: Yard SkullFive feet tall, with black teeth, and what appears to be a pirate bandanna. It has "a long history," according to its owners.
- Hwy 37, Buncombe, IL
- 1.5 miles north of Hwy 146 on Hwy 37, starting at West Vienna. South of Marion on Hwy 37, first house on the right after the two bars at Buncombe.
- M-Sa 9 am - 5 pm, Su 1-5 pm.
Visitor Tips and News About Yard Skull
This is a fiberglass skull a bit over 5 feet tall. It has a long history behind it.
My husband has owned it for about 17 yrs. I married the owner 11 yrs ago, so the skull came with him. Anyone is welcome to stop by. We get a lot of passersby who stop and take pictures of it. Get out and take each others' picture beside it![Shordy Ramsey, 03/24/2009]
This is a skull a bit over 5 feet tall. It has a long history behind it. It's made of fiberglass. My husband has owned it for about 16 yrs. I married the owner 10 yrs ago, so the skull came with him. Anyone is welcome to stop by. We get a lot of passersby that stop and take pictures of it.[Shordy Ramsey, 07/25/2008]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Grave Of King Neptune The Pig, Mount Pleasant, IL - 9 mi.
- Buck Rogers-esque Water Tower, Makanda, IL - 15 mi.
- Monument to Boomer, 3-Legged Hero Dog, Makanda, IL - 17 mi.
- Fort Massac - Aaron Burr's Plots to Conquer Mexico, Metropolis, IL - 26 mi.