Spring Hill, Florida: Gas Station Dinosaur
Results 1 to 3 of 3...
Visitor Tips and News About Gas Station Dinosaur
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
This dinosaur/garage is right down the road from Weeki Wachee. It appears to be in good condition. The base has sea foam colored tile near the entrance to the garage's office. It's eyes look like giant olives. It's a good little stretch of Florida roadside fun from the dinosaur to Weeki Wachee to Homosassa Springs.
[Rick Kilby, 01/28/2009]
Gas Station Dinosaur
The Harold's Auto dinosaur was originally a Sinclair gas station in 1964, inspired by the Sinclair Oil mascot prominently featured in ads and on signs since 1930. Near Weeki Wachee Springs, it shares a short stretch of Rt. 19 in Spring Hill, Florida with the Pink Dinosaur a few miles South. Dino, an "Apatosaurus," stands 47 feet tall and is 110 feet long.
[Aaron T. Farr, 08/15/2004]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
December 8, 2013
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Florida Latest Tips and Stories
- Car Stuck on Side of Building, Miami, Florida
- Hobby Horse House, Matlacha, Florida
- Austin's Smokin' Butt Hut - Pig, Fountain, Florida
- Austin's Smokin' Butt Hut, Fountain, Florida
- Splendid China Miniatures, Apopka, Florida
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Site of World's First Radio Telescope, Wheaton, Illinois
- Once-a-Year Monarch Butterfly Grove, Pismo Beach, California
- Quaker Giant, Milford, Delaware
- Hippie Muffler Man, Bethel, New York
- First Drive-In Filling Station, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Latest Visitor Tips