Spring Hill, Florida: Gas Station Dinosaur
Results 1 to 3 of 3...
Visitor Tips and News About Gas Station Dinosaur
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
This dinosaur/garage is right down the road from Weeki Wachee. It appears to be in good condition. The base has sea foam colored tile near the entrance to the garage's office. It's eyes look like giant olives. It's a good little stretch of Florida roadside fun from the dinosaur to Weeki Wachee to Homosassa Springs.
[Rick Kilby, 01/28/2009]
Gas Station Dinosaur
The Harold's Auto dinosaur was originally a Sinclair gas station in 1964, inspired by the Sinclair Oil mascot prominently featured in ads and on signs since 1930. Near Weeki Wachee Springs, it shares a short stretch of Rt. 19 in Spring Hill, Florida with the Pink Dinosaur a few miles South. Dino, an "Apatosaurus," stands 47 feet tall and is 110 feet long.
[Aaron T. Farr, 08/15/2004]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
September 18, 2014
Florida Latest Tips and Stories
- Ray Charles Boyhood Home, Greenville, Florida
- Boyett's Grove - Florida Citrus Attraction, Brooksville, Florida
- Key West Cemetery - Wacky Epitaphs, Key West, Florida
- Desert Inn, YeeHaw Junction, Florida
- Ernest Hemingway's Museum and Cats, Key West, Florida
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Billy Tripp's Mindfield, Brownsville, Tennessee
- Babe the Blue Ox and Bunyan, Rumford, Maine
- Large Drunken Pink Elephant, Fortville, Indiana
- See Birch Bark Canoes Made, Bigfork, Minnesota
- Feature: The Windsor Ruins, Port Gibson, Mississippi
Latest Visitor Tips