Red Bank, New Jersey: 9/11 Memorial Marker
A disaster, a park, a plaque. An hour plus train ride north is where two Red Bank residents perished in the terror attacks of Sept. 11, 2001.
- W. Front St., Red Bank, NJ
- East of Hwy 35 on W. Front St. and English Plaza. Southeast corner of park, near circular sidewalk.
9/11 Memorial Marker
Visitor Tips and News About 9/11 Memorial Marker
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
This plaque -- relatively modest when compared to some other tributes -- is Red Bank's memorial to the attack on the World Trade Center on Sept. 11, 2001. The town lost two residents. In the commuting-distance arc that radiates out from New York into New Jersey and Connecticut, nearly every municipality has chosen to permanently mark the tragedy.
This monument sits to one side in a riverside park where impromptu memorials, photos and letters accumulated in 2001 and subsequent anniversaries.
[Roadsideamerica.com Team, 03/01/2009]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
April 18, 2014
New Jersey Latest Tips and Stories
- Camp Evans and Marconi Hotel, Wall, New Jersey
- Feature: Atomic Fallout Shelter Theater, Wall Township, New Jersey
- US Army Parachute Test Platoon Monument, Robbinsville, New Jersey
- Muffler Man - Rodeo Cowboy, Woodstown, New Jersey
- Palace Of Depression, Vineland, New Jersey
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Champions For Humanity: Mount Rushmore of California, Oakland, California
- Statue of Pegasus, Jacksonville Beach, Florida
- Large Floating Rubber Duck, Jacksonville, Florida
- Swamis - Self Realization Fellowship, Encinitas, California
- Kermit the Frog and Jim Henson Statue, College Park, Maryland
Latest Visitor Tips