Presque Isle, Maine: Solar System Model: Earth
The world's largest Solar System Model features an Earth replica at a local auto dealership.
Percy’s Auto Sales
- 40 Houlton Rd, Presque Isle, ME
- One mile south of the Sun on the UMPI campus. On the east side of US Hwy 1/Houlton Rd, at the south end of Percy’s Auto Sales.
Solar System Model: Earth
Visitor Tips and News About Solar System Model: Earth
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
The Maine Solar System Model is a scale model (1 mile = 1 A.U., appx. 1:93000000) of the Solar System, beginning at the campus of University of Maine at Presque Isle is the 50-foot diameter Sun and ending at the visitor information center (I-95 at US-1) with a one-inch diameter Pluto.
There are additional dwarf planets being added along Route 1 along the way. Only 1 mile from the Sun, the Earth is located at a local automobile dealership.
[Aaron Tomlinson, 07/10/2009]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
March 1, 2015
Maine Latest Tips and Stories
- Uncle Donald's Pig Farm, Limerick, Maine
- Penobscot Narrows Observatory and Bridge, Prospect, Maine
- Dolphin Tree Carving, Blowing Cave, Kennebunkport, Maine
- The Swinging Bridge, Brunswick, Maine
- Mainer C. Lobster and Fisherman, Woolwich, Maine
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- UFO Office Building, North Canton, Ohio
- Flaming Geyser State Park, Auburn, Washington
- Gram Parson's Death Hotel, Joshua Tree, California
- Last Silent Movie Studio in Jacksonville, Jacksonville, Florida
- Big Doughnut, Donut King II, Gardena, California
Latest Visitor Tips