Townsend, Tennessee: Tuckaleechee Caverns
Commercial cave is billed as "The Greatest Sight Under The Smokies."
- 825 Cavern Rd, Townsend, TN
- I-40 west to US Hwy 441 (near Kodiak); take US Hwy 441 south to US Hwy 321; go west on US Hwy 321 to Townsend; follow signs.
- April-Nov. daily 9am - 6pm. (Call to verify)
- Adults $14
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Results 1 to 3 of 3...
Visitor Tips and News About Tuckaleechee Caverns
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Very impressive caverns, and the guides are fun and knowledgeable. Well worth the $16 admission fee. [Chris Collins, 09/25/2013]
Quite out of the way but absolutely worth the trip. This cave is very interesting and our guide, Terry, was wonderful and extremely knowledgeable. You might want to take a sweater - it's always only 58 degrees in the cave. Also, you'll walk about a mile during the tour. [Tony Lehrman, 07/27/2012]
Billed as "The Greatest Sight Under The Smokies" this is a privately owned cavern where they don't have a big issue with you touching the formations within reach. An underground spring fed stream and a beautiful underground waterfall make this a unique cavern to visit.
[Gail and Greg Eckels, 08/20/2009]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
September 20, 2014
Tennessee Latest Tips and Stories
- Billy Tripp's Mindfield, Brownsville, Tennessee
- E.T. Wickham's Folk Art, Palmyra, Tennessee
- E.T. Wickham Folk Art Angel, Palmyra, Tennessee
- Big Dragon Statue, Caryville, Tennessee
- Patsy Cline Crash Site Memorial, Camden, Tennessee
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Statue of Gabe, Owensboro, Kentucky
- Sound Garden, Seattle, Washington
- Park Bench Tribute to Kurt Cobain, Seattle, Washington
- Reiff's Front Lawn Gas Station, Woodland, California
- White Cliffs of Conoy, Bainbridge, Pennsylvania
Latest Visitor Tips