Bardstown, Kentucky: World's Largest Bourbon BarrelThe Tom Moore Distillery compels everyone to take a two-hour free tour before gazing upon their colossal barrel, which is at the back of the property. Perhaps the guard will let you enter to visit the gift shop, though...
Tom Moore Distillery
- 300 Barton Rd, Bardstown, KY
- Drive west from the center of town on US Hwy 62/Stephen Foster Ave. Take the first left after southbound US Hwy 31E onto onto Barton Rd. The Tom Moore Distillery will be straight ahead.
Visitor Tips and News About World's Largest Bourbon Barrel
Lovely people who love to chat and would be happy to help you take a picture at the barrel! Beautiful area and town too![Janie, 07/02/2013]
The World's Largest Bourbon Barrel is located on the grounds of the Tom Moore Distillery in Bardstown, KY. Unfortunately, the only way to access it is to take their two-hour distillery tour, which requires advance reservations. I wholeheartedly recommend this fascinating free tour, especially if you're interested in the production, aging, and bottling of Kentucky Bourbon. The Bourbon Barrel is the tour's last stop. It had been in storage for awhile and has only recently been placed here, in front of an employee picnic area.[Mark Newlon, 08/24/2009]
I didn't see it, but it was written up in the local paper. The local MADD chapter wasn't happy.[galanti, 08/31/2006]
We've seen just a brief report that the World's Largest Bourbon Barrel was being built in June 2006, with some local opposition.
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Oscar Getz Museum of Whiskey History, Bardstown, KY - < 1 mi.
- World's Largest Crucifix, Bardstown, KY - 3 mi.
- Big Rooster at Rooster Run, Samuels, KY - 7 mi.
- In the region: Louisville Derby Clock: Jefferson Races, Taylor Cheers, Louisville, KY - 34 mi.