Rochester, New York: Oldest Miniature Golf Course in the USA
Built in 1930, and has a sign declaring its age primacy. At least two other U.S. mini-golfs also make this claim.
Whispering Pines Miniature Golf
- 4383 Culver Rd, Rochester, NY
- Whispering Pines Miniature Golf. North edge of town, next to the Parkside Diner, on the southwest corner of Emily St. and Culver Rd.
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Oldest Miniature Golf Course in the USA
Visitor Tips and News About Oldest Miniature Golf Course in the USA
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
I went to a convention in Rochester and tried to check out all the Rochester sights listed on Roadside America. I took a group with me to play miniature golf and we had a great time. The course has a nautical theme; lots of crabs and lobsters everywhere, although I'm fairly certain these don't live in nearby Lake Ontario. [signmanjoe, 08/15/2014]
Oldest Mini-Golf Course in the World
Whispering Pines Miniature Golf Course holds the world record for oldest golf course that is still in use (since 1930). It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. There are 18 holes with all the cliche mini golf hole themes -- the windmill, the mystery pipes, the two-tiered hole. The difference is, this place invented them.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
August 27, 2014
New York Latest Tips and Stories
- Scrap Metal Sculptures, West Valley, New York
- Muffler Men Indians, Silver Creek, New York
- Wall Therapy Murals, Rochester, New York
- Miniature People Creating Themselves, Rochester, New York
- Image of Jesus Christ on a Tree, Rochester, New York
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Largest Zipper in America, Barre, Vermont
- Glass-Bottom Pull-it-Yourself Raft, Manistique, Michigan
- Grave of a Gypsy Queen, Evansville, Indiana
- Two Guns - Route 66 Attractions In Ruins, Two Guns, Arizona
- Popeye Statue, Springdale, Arkansas
Latest Visitor Tips