Key West, Florida: Forrester's Secret Garden of Art and Parrots
Nancy Forrester's Secret Garden is a lush, tended landscape, less grueling than a typical Florida swamp walk, and home to talkative birds.
- 518 Elizabeth St. - Rear, Key West, FL
- One Free School Lane, (off the 500 block Simonton Street).
- Daily 10 am - 5 pm. (Call to verify)
Forrester's Secret Garden of Art and Parrots
Visitor Tips and News About Forrester's Secret Garden of Art and Parrots
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Nancy Forrester's Secret Garden is large, beautiful, filled with mature trees, exotic plants, etc. I think she sells art in a small building, too.
But the cool part is the cages and cages of parrots and other tropical birds interspersed throughout the garden. Some of them talk, some of them yell, some of them laugh at you - it's a blast, finding them is like playing hide-and-seek, as the gardens are very dense.
It's also a look at a rare slice of an older, undeveloped Key West.
[Jo Jupiter, 01/12/2010]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
May 21, 2013
Florida Latest Tips and Stories
- Grave in the Road, New Smyrna Beach, Florida
- Largest Imported Cheese - Mazzaro, St. Petersburg, Florida
- Gatorade Historical Marker, Gainesville, Florida
- Corn Snake Lookout, Gainesville, Florida
- World's Largest Mosquito, Lehigh Acres, Florida
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Gnarled Hand Rising from the Earth, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
- Church with Congregation of Nude Statues, North Adams, Massachusetts
- Lily Dale Mediums, Lily Dale, New York
- White Deer, Famous Albino, Garner, North Carolina
- Giant Flamingo, Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Latest Visitor Tips