Yazoo City, Mississippi: Witch's Grave
Local witch said to have broken out of her tomb. Town not pleased. Smashed tombstone is helpfully engraved with the details.
- Potters Field Rd, Yazoo City, MS
- West of US Hwy 49 via Benton Rd, then left on Potters Field Rd. On the west end of Glenwood Cemetery, south side, about 100 feet from the road.
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Visitor Tips and News About Witch's Grave
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Witch grave about 30 feet from the sign on the road pointing towards it.
The grave of a legendary witch rests in a cemetery in Yazoo City. After being arrested and convicted of witchcraft, a woman swore revenge on Yazoo City as she was being executed. The townsfolk chained her casket shut and buried her deep in the ground, placing a stone slab on top of the grave. Days later, the town burned to the ground. Returning to the witch's grave, they found the slab split in two, and upon exhuming her casket, the chains broken.
[Eric Bolstridge, 04/30/2010]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Mississippi Petrified Forest, Flora, MS - 24 mi.
- Catfish Capital, Statue, and Museum, Belzoni, MS - 23 mi.
- Giant Tepee BBQ Restaurant - Closed, Flora, MS - 27 mi.
- In the region: Grocery Store Covered in Folk Art, Vicksburg, MS - 40 mi.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
December 4, 2013
Mississippi Latest Tips and Stories
- Mississippi State Sanatorium Museum, Magee, Mississippi
- Birthplace of Oprah Winfrey, Kosciusko, Mississippi
- Mississippi Petrified Forest, Flora, Mississippi
- Two-Headed Snake, Jackson, Mississippi
- Tire Man, Bruce, Mississippi
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Birthplace of John Wayne, Winterset, Iowa
- World's Largest Shuttlecocks, Kansas City, Missouri
- Grave of Talking TV Horse Mr. Ed, Tahlequah, Oklahoma
- Scrap Metal Eagle, Calhoun, Georgia
- Nostalgiaville USA, Kingdom City, Missouri
Latest Visitor Tips