Yazoo City, Mississippi: Witch's Grave
Local witch said to have broken out of her tomb. Town not pleased. Smashed tombstone is helpfully engraved with the details.
- Potters Field Rd, Yazoo City, MS
- West of US Hwy 49 via Benton Rd, then left on Potters Field Rd. On the west end of Glenwood Cemetery, south side, about 100 feet from the road.
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Visitor Tips and News About Witch's Grave
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Witch grave about 30 feet from the sign on the road pointing towards it.
The grave of a legendary witch rests in a cemetery in Yazoo City. After being arrested and convicted of witchcraft, a woman swore revenge on Yazoo City as she was being executed. The townsfolk chained her casket shut and buried her deep in the ground, placing a stone slab on top of the grave. Days later, the town burned to the ground. Returning to the witch's grave, they found the slab split in two, and upon exhuming her casket, the chains broken.
[Eric Bolstridge, 04/30/2010]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Mississippi Petrified Forest, Flora, MS - 24 mi.
- Catfish Capital, Statue, and Museum, Belzoni, MS - 23 mi.
- Giant Tepee BBQ Restaurant - Closed, Flora, MS - 27 mi.
- In the region: World's Only Cactus Plantation, Edwards, MS - 37 mi.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
May 19, 2013
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Mississippi Latest Tips and Stories
- Ghost Town of Rodney, Rodney, Mississippi
- G.I. Museum, Ocean Springs, Mississippi
- Japanese Gardens, Pass Christian, Mississippi
- Feature: Cars of Elvis and Liberace, Tupelo, Mississippi
- Feature: Where Elvis Got His First Guitar, Tupelo, Mississippi
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Center Of The Universe, Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Russell's Travel Center, Glenrio, New Mexico
- Totem Pole Trading Post, Rolla, Missouri
- Giant Campbell's Soup Can, Fort Collins, Colorado
- Feature: Dungeons & Dragons Park, Carbondale, Illinois
Latest Visitor Tips