Whitehorse, Yukon Ter., Canada: Statue of Prehistoric Beaver
Statue of a prehistoric giant beaver hangs out with a family of mammoth. "The largest rodent in North America during the Ice Age" was almost as big as a modern-day black bear.
- 30 Electra Crescent, Whitehorse, YT, Canada
- On the east side of the Alaska Hwy at milepost 914. On a little wooded trail, near a couple of Wooly Mammoth statues, between the Yukon Beringia Interpretive Center and the Yukon Transportation Museum.
Visitor Tips and News About Statue of Prehistoric Beaver
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
There is a statue of a prehistoric giant beaver near some statues of giant mastodons in Whitehorse.
[Adam Scott Lankford, 06/07/2010]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- World's Largest Weather Vane, Whitehorse, YT, Canada - < 1 mi.
- Bicycle Wheel Rim Dome, Whitehorse, YT, Canada - 2 mi.
- Giant Paddle Wheel, Whitehorse, YT, Canada - 6 mi.
- In the region: Grave of Polly the Parrot, Carcross, YT, Canada - 40 mi.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
December 13, 2013
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Yukon Ter. Latest Tips and Stories
- Bicycle Wheel Rim Dome, Whitehorse, Yukon Ter.
- World's Smallest Desert, Carcross, Yukon Ter.
- Sign Post Forest, Watson Lake, Yukon Ter.
- Giant Paddle Wheel, Whitehorse, Yukon Ter.
- Giant Beaver, Whitehorse, Yukon Ter.
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Medical Exhibit of Yesteryear, Martinsburg, West Virginia
- Wizard Of Oz Dorothy Grave, Bloomington, Illinois
- Time Portal Tromp L'oeil Murals, Brooksville, Florida
- Feature: Clinton Wedding House, Fayetteville, Arkansas
- TARDIS Little Free Library, Lisle, Illinois
Latest Visitor Tips