Whitehorse, Yukon Ter., Canada: World's Largest Weather Vane
An actual DC-3 atop a pole that spins to point into the wind.
World's Largest Weather Vane
Visitor Tips and News About World's Largest Weather Vane
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
There's a large prop plane, a DC-3, at Whitehorse International Airport, that spins on a pole and points into the wind. It was put in place in 1988, taken down for a paint job in 1998, and reinstalled in September 2001.
[Roadside America, 03/09/2003]
May 25, 2016
Yukon Ter. Latest Tips and Stories
- Drink with a Human Toe in It, Dawson, Yukon Ter.
- Bicycle Wheel Rim Dome, Whitehorse, Yukon Ter.
- World's Smallest Desert, Carcross, Yukon Ter.
- Sign Post Forest, Watson Lake, Yukon Ter.
- Giant Paddle Wheel, Whitehorse, Yukon Ter.
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Barney Smith's Toilet Seat Art Museum, San Antonio, Texas
- World's Largest Geodesic Structure, Novelty, Ohio
- Earthoid: Earth Globe Water Storage Tank, Germantown, Maryland
- The Shoe Museum, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Whirligigs - Wind Sculptures, Buffalo, New York