Stratford, Connecticut: National Helicopter MuseumThe history of the helicopter is told in this museum at the train station -- nowhere near an airport or helipad. Go figure.
- 2480 Main St., Stratford, CT
- Stratford Train station, just north of I-95 at Main St and Broadbridge Ave.
Visitor Tips and News About National Helicopter Museum
The history of the helicopter is explained at the National Helicopter Museum at the Stratford Train Station. There are really knowledgeable docents.
The museum exhibits a cockpit of a Huey helicopter and a bunch of original pictures of various designs of helos -- some really weird. The museum celebrates the local aerospace history, Sikorski being the largest supplier.[Joe Sullivan, 06/14/2010]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Obsolete Toll Booths On Display, Stratford, CT - 3 mi.
- Vatican Gardens Knockoff, Bridgeport, CT - 4 mi.
- P. T. Barnum Statue, Bridgeport, CT - 4 mi.
- In the region: Time Capsules from the 1939 and 1964 World's Fairs, Queens, NY - 48 mi.