Whitwell, Tennessee: Church Civil War Dinner Theater"Welcome back to 1864!" Relive the welcoming years of the Civil War acted on a "magnificent" set while munching food that would have been familiar to Johnny Reb.
- 1060 Main St., Whitwell, TN
- Buttonwillow Church. I-24 Exit 155, north on Hwy 28 for 12 miles to town, thru light, turn left onto Spring Ave., go three blocks to 4-way stop, turn right, bear right at fork, church is on right. Church urges visitors to use these directions; don't use GPS to find them!
- Year-round. Reservations at least a week in advance. (Call to verify)
- Adults $32.95
Visitor Tips and News About Church Civil War Dinner Theater
The Buttonwillow Church Civil War dinner theater includes a full meal from 19th century recipes and a live two hour play. Real history, family friendly.[Allison Gipson, 08/19/2010]
The show at the time of this tip was titled, "Granddaddy's Watch."
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Holocaust Box Car with 11 Million Paper Clips, Whitwell, TN - 2 mi.
- Flying Saucer House, Signal Mountain, TN - 12 mi.
- Head of the Sugar Flat Road Creature, Chattanooga, TN - 16 mi.
- In the region: Jack Daniel's Distillery Tour - Safe That Killed Daniel, Lynchburg, TN - 48 mi.