Burlington, Vermont: Champ the Lake Monster StatueFiberglass statue, part of the "Champ is nearby" vibe at the ferry dock in Burlington.
- 1 King St., Burlington, VT
- In front of the Lake Monsters baseball team's store, just off the entrance to the Lake Champlain ferry dock.
Visitor Tips and News About Champ the Lake Monster Statue
We stopped by (November 10th, 2013) and there was no sign of Champ! Maybe he's hibernating?[Chessie Monks, 11/13/2013]
Flood waters this year were awful.[Howard, 12/15/2011]
For those not content to settle for viewing the granite Champ monument, there is also a fiberglass statue. Looks like it's been around awhile, judging from the spots in need of repair...[C Wilson, 08/17/2010]
A welcome addition in the last several years -- that slab monument is a little too understated. Now all they need is a statue in the water, poised to greet the ferry!
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Winged Monkeys, Burlington, VT - < 1 mi.
- Monument to a Lake Monster, Burlington, VT - < 1 mi.
- Toth Indian - Chief Grey Lock, Burlington, VT - < 1 mi.
- In the region: Sheldon Museum: Petrified Boy, Stuffed Cat, Mummy Grave, Middlebury, VT - 32 mi.