Des Moines, Iowa: Landmark Bridge - Glass Bottom400-foot pedestrian bridge over the Des Moines River with two platforms that converge on a glass platform.
- Center St., Des Moines, IA
- Spans the river between W. River Drive and Robert D. Ray Drive. At the east end of Center St., south of I-235 and north of Grand Ave.
Visitor Tips and News About Landmark Bridge - Glass Bottom
Even though you can't see through it all that well, the bridge is still worth the trip![David, 07/20/2013]
Bridge only had a small part that was glass that you couldn't really see through. But on the other side of the bridge there is an Asian garden and house thing that kinda rocks! Worth the stop![Jessamalyn, 11/05/2012]
The bridge is a neat piece of architecture, but don't go for the glass bottom. The glass is not transparent, and there is safety rebarb underneath it in a criss-cross pattern, making it nearly impossible to actually see though to the river. Go for the shape of the bridge, and for the view, but not for the glass bottom.[Tanya, 07/07/2012]
400 foot pedestrian bridge on Center Street over Des Moines River. Has bicycle and walking decks that are connected in the middle, with glass bottom to see the water below. Parking on both sides and beautiful view of Des Moines from the bridge.[Suzanne Tilden-Mortimer, 10/04/2010]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Pondering Rabbit, Des Moines, IA - < 1 mi.
- Alphabet Heads, Des Moines, IA - < 1 mi.
- Big City Cow and Calf, Des Moines, IA - 2 mi.
- Big Hands And Wrenches of the Plumbers and Steamfitters, Des Moines, IA - 3 mi.