Cornell, Illinois: Friendship Shoe Fence
Hundreds of shoes dangle along the Friendship Shoe Fence, which invites all to add or take a pair of shoes.
- CR-28, Cornell, IL
- On CR 28 or S. 6th St. south of town.
- Private property. Visible from street.
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Friendship Shoe Fence
Visitor Tips and News About Friendship Shoe Fence
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
The Friendship Shoe Fence was a wonderful thing to see. Shoes as far as the eye can see, of all shapes and sizes. Though I couldn't put my own shoes on the fence, the fact that so many were hanging made me wish that I could. We were pleased with the abundance of people who had given their shoes and the fact that people can take them as well. Makes me wonder what will be there next month.
[Luke Smucker and Jessica Anderson, 03/06/2012]
We were driving through the back roads of central Illinois and found this shoe fence. Too bad we didn't have an extra pair of shoes to add to it. We had visited a shoe tree near Ottawa, IL the previous day, and added a pair there. Next time we're in this area, we'll add a pair or two.
[Jim Hantak, 11/04/2010]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
September 30, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Illinois Latest Tips and Stories
- Atomic Cannon, Rock Island, Illinois
- Gracie the Shark, Charleston, Illinois
- Dutch Windmill, Fulton, Illinois
- Grave Of King Neptune The Pig, Mount Pleasant, Illinois
- Bob Newhart Statue, Chicago, Illinois
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Brick Head, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Town Named Cut And Shoot, Cut And Shoot, Texas
- Feature: Louisiana State Penitentiary Museum, Angola, Louisiana
- Big Metal Dragon, East Bethany, New York
- Armored Knight, Batavia, New York
Latest Visitor Tips