Chicago Heights, Illinois: Cow With a Chef's Hat
Mexican restaurant features a fiberglass steer, formerly well-worn from a career of standing in front of restaurants, now restored by its new owners.
Los Portales Mexican Restaurant
- 2 East Main St., Chicago Heights, IL
- Los Portales Mexican Restaurant, Chicago Rd and Main St.
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Cow with a Chef's Hat
Visitor Tips and News About Cow With a Chef's Hat
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
The cow has received a makeover and is looking brand new. The hole has been patched and a fresh coat of paint has brought it back to life. Kudos to the new owners for the fine job they did in the restoration. [Craig Gee, 02/03/2014]
Cow With a Chef's Hat
This huge cow stands near Los Portales Mexican Restaurant in Chicago Heights. The cow is not in the best of shape, has a huge hole in its belly and is quite weathered. The restaurant is somewhat new, so hopefully they will repair the cow.
[Vinny Gragg, 01/07/2011]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
January 27, 2015
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Illinois Latest Tips and Stories
- Stuffed Moray Eel in Appliance Store, Glenview, Illinois
- Rockers of World's Largest Rocking Chair, Casey, Illinois
- First Kiss Spot of the Obamas, Chicago, Illinois
- Sliced Human Bodies, Chicago, Illinois
- Americana Hollywood Museum, Metropolis, Illinois
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- 30-Foot-Tall Native American Head, Ocean Springs, Mississippi
- Zinc Civil War Soldier, Graves of Interest, Iola, Kansas
- Large Bird Fighting a Snake, Fort Pierce, Florida
- Pirate Statue, Otway, North Carolina
- Storytown - Vague Recollections, Lake George, New York
Latest Visitor Tips