Altona, Manitoba, Canada: Large Easel and Painting
Artist Cameron Cross created a 76 ft.+ tall easel to hold a replica Van Gogh painting in recognition of Altona as the Sunflower Capital of Canada.
Large Easel and Painting
Visitor Tips and News About Large Easel and Painting
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
One of Cameron Cross's Van Gogh easel structures. This easel stands at 76 feet 6 inches and was erected in 1998. The painting celebrates Altona's reputation as the Sunflower Capital of Canada. Cross has erected other giant easels, including the largest in Goodland, Kansas.
[Bradley Anderson, 02/15/2011]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- World's Largest Sturgeon, Dominion City, MB, Canada - 18 mi.
- Oldest Building In North Dakota, Walhalla, ND - 19 mi.
- Martyrs Graves, Walhalla, ND - 22 mi.
- In the region: 40-Foot-Long Rolls Royce, Steinbach, MB, Canada - 49 mi.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
April 20, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Manitoba Latest Tips and Stories
- The Boy with the Boot, Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Largest Lourdes Grotto in Manitoba, Cooks Creek, Manitoba
- 40-Foot-Long Rolls Royce, Steinbach, Manitoba
- Winnipeg Jets Statues, Winnipeg, Manitoba
- World's Largest Sturgeon, Dominion City, Manitoba
Latest Visitor Tips