Altona, Manitoba, Canada: Large Easel and Painting
Artist Cameron Cross created a 76 ft.+ tall easel to hold a replica Van Gogh painting in recognition of Altona as the Sunflower Capital of Canada.
Visitor Tips and News About Large Easel and Painting
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Large Easel and Painting
One of Cameron Cross's Van Gogh easel structures. This easel stands at 76 feet 6 inches and was erected in 1998. The painting celebrates Altona's reputation as the Sunflower Capital of Canada. Cross has erected other giant easels, including the largest in Goodland, Kansas.
[Bradley Anderson, 02/15/2011]
August 5, 2015
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Manitoba Latest Tips and Stories
- Happy Rock, Gladstone, Manitoba
- The Boy with the Boot, Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Largest Lourdes Grotto in Manitoba, Cooks Creek, Manitoba
- 40-Foot-Long Rolls Royce, Steinbach, Manitoba
- Winnipeg Jets Statues, Winnipeg, Manitoba
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Miami County Museum Oddities, Peru, Indiana
- Shark Statue, Sayville, New York
- Burnaby Village Museum and Carousel, Burnaby, British Columbia
- Lost Loggers Museum, Elsie, Oregon
- Sword in the Stone, Urbandale, Iowa