Fort Worth, Texas: Beer Can YardLouis Torres began stringing empty beer cans from the trees in his back yard in 2008. There are now thousands of cans. He accepts donations, full or empty, with a preference for Miller Lite and Milwaukee's Best Light.
- 2901 Whitmore St., Fort Worth, TX
- Northwest edge of the city. I-30 exit 12A. Drive north on University Drive for about two miles. Turn right onto White Settlement Rd. Make third right onto Currie St (just past the car dealership). The yard will be a block south, on the right. Private property, visible from street.
- Private property, visible from street.
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Visitor Tips and News About Beer Can Yard
I must admit this yard has a lot of beer cans! We enjoyed checking out the yard with its nearly all-matching brand of beer (We did find strings of cans from a different label; same color scheme though). Enjoyed that some cans remained intact while others were cut to look like lanterns. But what caught us off-guard was the sound! It was only slightly breezy when we visited, but there was a very distinct wind-chime melody. Quite nice I'll add![Tammy Norton, 01/26/2014]
So unexpected. Definitely worth stopping by. Picture doesn't do it justice.[Brittany, 09/10/2012]
A gossamer canopy of empty beer cans decorates the back yard of Louis Torres.
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Washington, Adams, Jefferson, Madison Statues in a Mausoleum, Fort Worth, TX - < 1 mi.
- Wax Last Supper, Fort Worth, TX - < 1 mi.
- Midnight - World's Greatest Bucking Horse, Fort Worth, TX - 1 mi.
- In the region: Mustangs of Las Colinas, Irving, TX - 26 mi.