Middlebury, Indiana: Das Dutchman Essenhaus
A quaint mini-mall of tourism in Amish country, with shops, a restaurant seating 1,100, and an inn.
- 240 US Hwy. 20, Middlebury, IN
- US 20, one mile west of State Road 13 and six miles south of the I-80/90 toll road, Exit 107.
- Su -Th, 6 am - 8 pm; F - Sa 6 am - 9 pm. (Call to verify)
Das Dutchman Essenhaus
Visitor Tips and News About Das Dutchman Essenhaus
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Das Dutchman Essenhaus, an Amish style country kitchen, is the largest family restaurant in Indiana. Two rooms offer seating to dine from the menu or family style. If you're lucky, you may be seated at the Amish buggy booth. Wherever you may sit, you will enjoy famous Amish cooking and gracious hospitality.
Numerous crafts are displayed on the periphery inside the restaurant, and a homestyle bakery provides pies, cookies, breads, noodles, and jams for purchase. Village shops are located on the grounds in renovated farm buildings from original farmsteads, offering collectibles, apparel, toys, and solid wood furniture.
[Jan Unsicker, 08/31/2011]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
May 21, 2013
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Indiana Latest Tips and Stories
- Geode Grotto, Jasper, Indiana
- Big Boy Statue, Anderson, Indiana
- WWII V-1 German Buzz Bomb, Greencastle, Indiana
- America's Longest Railroad Trestle, Formerly, Solsberry, Indiana
- Site of First Successful Caesarean in Indiana, Lafayette, Indiana
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Eden Springs Park, Benton Harbor, Michigan
- Stormy Kromer Cap, Ironwood, Michigan
- 25-Foot-Tall Santa with Thick Head, Watson, Saskatchewan
- Big Green Dinosaur, Wharton, Texas
- Feature: National Knife Museum, Sevierville, Tennessee
Latest Visitor Tips