Ottertail, Minnesota: Ten-Foot-Tall Otter
Artist Ken Nyberg sculpted a mascot for Ottertail out of scrap steel. The 14-foot-long otter holds a fish under its front paw.
- Main St., Ottertail, MN
- North side of Main St. just before the intersection of Maple Ave. as you get into town from the west.
Visitor Tips and News About Ten-Foot-Tall Otter
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Scrap Metal Otter Sculpture
Here in Otter Tail, MN there is a large otter sculpture made from forged scrap metal by local-area welder and sculptor Ken Nyberg. Nyberg's work can be seen all over this area, notably in the nearby town of Vining. This otter appears happy, and clutches a freshly-caught fish under his right paw.
[BS Meyer, 12/20/2011]
July 29, 2016
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Minnesota Latest Tips and Stories
- Jarrett Rock Garden, Jarrett, Minnesota
- Mineview at Hull Rust-Mahoning Mine, Hibbing, Minnesota
- Eastbound: The Golden Stripe, Blue Earth, Minnesota
- Saint Peter's Pearly Gates, Saint Peter, Minnesota
- !!! Sculpture Park Mini Golf, Minnetrista, Minnesota
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Big Dragon Statue, Caryville, Tennessee
- Dinosaur World, Glen Rose, Texas
- Giant metal spur, Hico, Texas
- Crazy Yard, Sinking Cadillac, Cudahy, Wisconsin
- Dr Pepper Museum, Dublin, Texas