Addison, Texas: Whirligig Water Tower
Artistic water tower features a raised sunburst design, and a top bristling with wind-powered whirligigs.
Visitor Tips and News About Whirligig Water Tower
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Whirlygig Water Tower
Artistic water tower has sunburst design on the metal (not painted on) with "whirly gigs" on the top. The whirly gigs actually generate electricity to power the tower and nearby streetlights. When the wind is blowing, the whirly gigs spin rapidly and enhance the view of the tower.
February 7, 2016
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Texas Latest Tips and Stories
- 20-Foot-Tall Wooden Nickel, Carl's Corner, Texas
- Petrified Wood Gas Station, Cafe, Motel, Decatur, Texas
- 30-Foot-Tall Eyeball, Dallas, Texas
- Vintage Flying Museum, Fort Worth, Texas
- Piggyback Space Shuttle, Houston, Texas
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Memorial to Doomed Space Shuttle Astronaut, Beaufort, North Carolina
- Seated Native American Statue, Roosevelt, Utah
- James Dean Birth Site Memorial, Marion, Indiana
- Biosphere 2, Oracle, Arizona
- Tucson Toro - Magic Carpet Bull, Tucson, Arizona