Queenston, Ontario, Canada: Floral Clock
Inspired by a smaller floral clock in Edinburgh, Scotland, the 40-ft. wide blooming timepiece was built in 1950 by Ontario Hydro next to its generating station. The clock includes up to 16,000 plants, maintained by Niagara Parks. The design changes twice annually.
Visitor Tips and News About Floral Clock
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
This floral clock is a working clock with a face made of a variety of flowers. It is accessible year-round, although the concession and facilities are open in the warmer months only. The clock is along the route from Niagara-on-the-Lake to Niagara Falls, and wineries abound.
[Richard Stockman, 04/24/2012]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Monument to Canada's Victory over the U.S., Queenston, ON, Canada - < 1 mi.
- Power Vista, Niagara Falls, NY - < 1 mi.
- Tiny Church, Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON, Canada - 3 mi.
- Niagara's Fury: Better Than Real Life, Niagara Falls, ON, Canada - 5 mi.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
May 21, 2013
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Ontario Latest Tips and Stories
- 21-Foot-Tall Transformer Robot, Port Hope, Ontario
- Avro Arrow Jet - Scale Replica, Barry's Bay, Ontario
- Big Chunks of Old Buildings, Toronto, Ontario
- Flying Saucer, Moonbeam, Ontario
- World's Largest Snowman, Beardmore, Ontario
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- 25-Foot-Tall Santa with Thick Head, Watson, Saskatchewan
- Big Green Dinosaur, Wharton, Texas
- Feature: National Knife Museum, Sevierville, Tennessee
- Metalmorphosis - Giant Head, Charlotte, North Carolina
- Feature: Mud Island, Memphis, Tennessee
Latest Visitor Tips