Yardley, Pennsylvania: Shipping Container House
16 shipping containers were assembled in a unique architectural design, as a private home. Recycle!
- 67 River Rd, Yardley, PA
- Between Hwy 32 and Morgan Ave, near Maple Ave.
- Private property - visible from street.
Shipping Container House
Visitor Tips and News About Shipping Container House
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Imagine, your home theater completely safe from rogue North Korean EMP atmospheric detonations! Or a steel fortress to fend off attacking hoardes from Trenton, NJ!
Container house, on River Road along the Delaware River, Yardley, is a private residence constructed in 2011 from 16 shipping containers. Imagine the neighbors' surprise when a fleet of trucks showed up early one morning to a waiting heavy forklift. A year and thousands of hours of welding later, it was move-in ready. The owner apparently is happy with the Rust-o-leum Red original paint job.
View with caution from River Road where the speed limit is 35 mph, and there is no safe place to pull over, or go around the block for a safer view.
[Roger Crook, 05/10/2012]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
December 8, 2013
Pennsylvania Latest Tips and Stories
- First Drive-In Filling Station, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Coffee Pot Shaped Building, Bedford, Pennsylvania
- Feature: Hershey's Chocolate Factory Tour, Hershey, Pennsylvania
- Bethlehem Steel Mill, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
- Fireman's Drinking Fountain, Slatington, Pennsylvania
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- White Squirrels of the Pacific, Dana Point, California
- Grave of the Oldest Civil War Soldier, Chillicothe, Iowa
- Munch Box, Chatsworth, California
- Site of World's First Radio Telescope, Wheaton, Illinois
- Once-a-Year Monarch Butterfly Grove, Pismo Beach, California
Latest Visitor Tips