Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Attractions
Unusual landmarks, museums, roadside attractions, and hidden wonders in Philadelphia and the surrounding area. Many tourists visit Philly for its Revolutionary War history or cheesesteaks, but the city also has one of America's oldest prisons (which you can tour) and a bona-fide American saint under glass.
Sights for Oddball Excursions
A fun medical museum of human pathology, but so dignified that you almost forget that you're looking at skulls, conjoined twins, and a giant colon.
Pet a hissing cockroach and skeeve at a demonstration kitchen, sealed in plexiglass, that's been deliberately infested with roaches.
Bones of an American saint, laid out wearing his pointy bishop miter and robes. Slivers from his coffin are for sale in the gift shop.
Why is everyone ignoring the crashed plane outside of the Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts? Because it's art.
Old, imposing prison has always been a choice destination for tourists and ghost-hunters.
In and Around Philadelphia
Choice field reports and tips. Or check out: Complete list of Pennsylvania attractions.
- Philadelphia: St. John Neumann: Saint In Glass
- Philadelphia: Eastern State Penitentiary Tours
- Philadelphia: Grumman Greenhouse
- Doylestown: Mercer Museum: Concrete Castle
- Philadelphia: President McKinley and Nude Boy
- Philadelphia: Masonic Library and Museum of Pennsylvania [tips]
- Philadelphia: Bronze Bodies Emerge From Bronze Wall
- Philadelphia: Mutter Museum
- Philadelphia: Magic Garden [tips]
- Philadelphia: Walk-Thru Giant Heart
- Philadelphia: Prof. Ouch's South Street Odditorium [tips]
- Philadelphia: Rocky Statue [tips]
- Philadelphia: Olympia - Last Surviving Spanish-American Warship
- Philadelphia: Mummers Museum
- Camden: Battleship New Jersey [tips]
- Philadelphia: Giant Ship Hulk - SS United States [tips]
- Philadelphia: Laurel Hill Cemetery [tips]
- Philadelphia: Old Baldy, Horse Hero Head
- Blackwood: Nitro Girl - Uniroyal Gal
- Philadelphia: Insectarium
- Magnolia: Muffler Man - Tire Man in Pink [tips]