Lucas, Kansas: Bowl Plaza: World's Most Artsy Public Toilets
The building is shaped like a toilet tank, its entrance is shaped like a raised toilet lid, the benches in front of the building are curved like a toilet seat, and the sidewalk in front undulates like an unspooled toilet roll.
- S. Main St., Lucas, KS
- North from I-70, exit 206, 17 miles on K242 Hwy to S. Main St. Downtown, on the west side of S. Main St. between W. 1st and W. 2nd Sts.
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Visitor Tips and News About Bowl Plaza: World's Most Artsy Public Toilets
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
The public restrooms in Lucas feature stunning mosaic artwork symbolic of various items flushed. Folk, grassroots, outsider art. [K. Miller, 06/16/2013]
Bowl Plaza: World's Most Artsy Public Toilets
The quirky town of Lucas, population 400, is famous for its Grassroots Art. Because 15,000+ tourists visit each year, Lucas needed public restrooms. Not being like most towns, Lucas made their restrooms a piece of art. The building is shaped like a toilet tank, its entrance is shaped like a raised toilet lid, the benches in front of the building are curved like a toilet seat, and the sidewalk in front undulates like an unspooled toilet roll. The inside walls are all mosaics created by local citizens.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
November 26, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Kansas Latest Tips and Stories
- Lighted Cross, Wilson, Kansas
- Prairie Dog Town, Oakley, Kansas
- Christmas City of the High Plains, Wakeeney, Kansas
- Bed and Toothbrush of Pope John Paul II, Kansas City, Kansas
- World's Largest Ball of Twine, Cawker City, Kansas
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Housewife-Whacking Meteor Fell Here, Oak Grove, Alabama
- Feature: Alabama's Housewife-Whacking Meteorite, Tuscaloosa, Alabama
- Blue Whale, Catoosa, Oklahoma
- Biloxi Katrina Trees, Biloxi, Mississippi
- Grave of Sam Kinison, Tulsa, Oklahoma
Latest Visitor Tips