Mt. Vernon, Iowa: American Gothic BarnDrive-by art -- an old barn has one side painted as Grant Wood's "American Gothic." The rendition was created by Mark Benesh in 2008.
- 1278 US Hwy 30, Mt. Vernon, IA
- On highway 30 a few miles west of Mt. Vernon near Palisades Kepler State Park.
- Private property - visible from highway.
Visitor Tips and News About American Gothic Barn
The American Gothic barn is worth the stop -- however had to pull over on the side of the highway.[Weisys, 09/29/2013]
A barn on Highway 30 west of Mt.Vernon, Iowa is painted with the image of the Grant Wood painting, "American Gothic." It's very well done.[R Dickson, 06/25/2012]
The owner of the old barn commissioned artist Mark Benesh in 2008 to render a drive-by version of the famous painting.
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Welded Metal Insects, Mount Vernon, IA - 4 mi.
- Sutliff Bridge, Sutliff, IA - 7 mi.
- Corn Sculpture in Iowa Corn Field, Marion, IA - 11 mi.
- In the region: Birthplace and Grave of First Pilot to Land on a Ship, Williamsburg, IA - 32 mi.