Chicago, Illinois: Obama's Barber Chair, Encased in Plexiglass
A unique presidential relic, preserved in the barber shop where Barack Obama used to get his hair cut.
Hyde Park Hair Salon
- 5234 S. Blackstone Ave., Chicago, IL
- Hyde Park Hair Salon. On the west side of S. Blackstone Ave., just north of E. 53rd St.
- Daily 9 am - 8 pm (Call to verify)
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Obama's Barber Chair, Encased in Plexiglass
Visitor Tips and News About Obama's Barber Chair, Encased in Plexiglass
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Before Barack Obama became President, he lived in the Hyde Park neighborhood of Chicago and walked to the Hyde Park Hair Salon when he needed a hair cut. After his election, the Salon labeled itself "the official barbershop of President Obama" and encased Obama's favorite chair in a plexiglass box as a tourist attraction. It also has a painting of Zariff, Obama's favorite barber, giving the future President his usual $21 trim.
[RoadsideAmerica.com Team, 08/20/2012]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
May 23, 2013
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Illinois Latest Tips and Stories
- Feature: Dungeons & Dragons Park, Carbondale, Illinois
- Uniroyal Gal, Mount Vernon, Illinois
- The Ledge - 1,353 Feet Straight Down, Chicago, Illinois
- The Bean - Stoners' Delight, Chicago, Illinois
- "Gertrude" the Guernsey Cow, Rockford, Illinois
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Tommy Bartlett Water Thrill Show, Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
- Moai Dude: Laid-Back Easter Island Head, Altoona, Iowa
- World's Largest Chess Board, Medicine Hat, Alberta
- Rabbit Hash General Store, Rabbit Hash, Kentucky
- Mountain Meadows Massacre Mass Grave, Central, Utah
Latest Visitor Tips