Sparta, Wisconsin: Pheasant and Other Fiberglass CreationsThe hometown of F.A.S.T., a creator of giant fiberglass statues, is dotted with samples of its handiwork, including a big pheasant outside a car dealership and a big Spartan outside the high school.
Dealer Direct Auto
- 118 W. Wisconsin St., Sparta, WI
- The giant pheasant is on the south side of downtown, in the patking oyr of Dealer Direct Auto, on the northeast corner of S. Court St. and W. Wisconsin St./Hwy 16. The statue looks as if it might be temporarily stashed on the car lot; if it's not there when you visit, ask someone at the dealership if they know where it went.
Visitor Tips and News About Pheasant and Other Fiberglass Creations
It is no surprise there is an abundance of fiberglass in this town [where F.A.S.T. is based]. There is a pheasant in the lot of Dealer Direct Auto in Sparta. There is a Spartan at the school at Wisconsin and Montgomery St. Most likely not fiberglass, but statue in the park near the school on Montgomery St. "The Zone" has three sports balls on top of the entrance on the way out to F.A.S.T. Just before reaching F.A.S.T. we spotted an eagle on a globe.[Holly Diestler, 08/19/2008]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Bear on Roller Skates, Sparta, WI - < 1 mi.
- World's Largest Bicyclist, Sparta, WI - < 1 mi.
- Deke Slayton Memorial Space and Bicycle Museum, Sparta, WI - < 1 mi.
- In the region: World's Largest Six Pack and Gambrinus, King of Beer, La Crosse, WI - 24 mi.