Falmouth, Kentucky: Punkyville
Charles "Punky" Beckett, who works in construction, has used his skills to build his own scaled-down retro town next to his house.
Visitor Tips and News About Punkyville
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Since 2003, Charles "Punky" Beckett has been building his own retro town on the land next to his house. Gas station, water tower, church, hardware store, jail, a bank -- the list is similar to other home-built towns that dot the landscape, built by similar men with similar excess time and energy. Punky has filled his buildings with period items, and can tell visitors where and when he acquired each of his thousands of things. The full-size caboose serves as a museum where Punky puts the stuff that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else. [Byron Bell, 05/17/2013]
July 5, 2015
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Kentucky Latest Tips and Stories
- Corvette Museum, Bowling Green, Kentucky
- Jerry's Junk, Louisville, Kentucky
- Lightning Portrait of Startled Lady Bather, Russellville, Kentucky
- Mortar and Pestle - Painted Green, Lexington, Kentucky
- Lincoln Statue, Hodgenville, Kentucky
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Hollow Earth Monument, Hamilton, Ohio
- Missile Park, Altus, Oklahoma
- Stone Face Rock with Nonoffensive Name, Pennington Gap, Virginia
- Big Indian: Chief Touch the Clouds, Edmond, Oklahoma
- Hubcap Pyramid, Mays Landing, New Jersey