Woodward, Oklahoma: Stegosaurus Creationist Statue
Stegosaurus statue with child riding on its back -- some say it depicts boy Jesus. A sign advises "A Dinosaur like this roamed the Earth 5,000 years ago," not the late Jurassic, 150 millions years earlier.
Stegosaurus Creationist Sculpture
Visitor Tips and News About Stegosaurus Creationist Statue
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Statuary proof that stegosaurs roamed the Earth 5,000 years ago with humans. Sadly, the adult stegosaurus (probably ridden by humans, too) didn't make it onto Noah's Ark, but the baby one might have, according to the informative signs. Tourists are encouraged to ride the baby stegosaurus statue. There is also a giant Ten Commandments. Next door to a Christian bookstore, at the corner of 11th street and Oklahoma Avenue. [Tess, 09/15/2013]
June 30, 2015
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Oklahoma Latest Tips and Stories
- Blue Whale, Catoosa, Oklahoma
- Geronimo's Grave, Fort Sill, Oklahoma
- Museum of Osteology, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Route 66 Interpretive Plaza, Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Sonic Center of the Universe, Tulsa, Oklahoma
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Titanic: World's Largest Museum Attraction, Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
- Lopsided Pink Dog, Memphis, Tennessee
- Welcome Alien Statue, Roswell, New Mexico
- Art Tigers, Memphis, Tennessee
- Carved Wooden Farmer, Chatfield, Minnesota