Middleborough, Massachusetts: Tom Thumb Collection
The world's largest collection of the world's tiniest man. Charles Sherwood Stratton's child-sized clothing and itty-bitty personal items.
Middleborough Historical Museum
- 18 Jackson St., Middleborough, MA
- Middleborough Historical Museum. I-495 exit 4 north into town on Main St./Hwy 105. Turn right (east) onto Jackson St just before the police station. The museum will be on the right.
- W 12-3, or by appt. (Call to verify)
Tom Thumb Museum
Visitor Tips and News About Tom Thumb Collection
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
The Middleborough Historical Museum houses the world's largest collection of Tom Thumb memorabilia (An interesting side note: part of that collection once resided at the Zachariah Eddy House before being donated to the museum). Performers for P.T. Barnum's circus, General Tom Thumb and his diminutive wife Lavinia made their home in Middleborough.
Some older residents recall the "little couple" tossing pennies to the children in the streets whenever they would return home from the circus.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
January 29, 2015
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Massachusetts Latest Tips and Stories
- Make Way For Ducklings, Boston, Massachusetts
- Longest Named Thing in America, Webster, Massachusetts
- HarborArts Shipyard Sculpture Gallery, East Boston, Massachusetts
- Cannon Rock, Lynn, Massachusetts
- Edgar Allen Poe Statue, Boston, Massachusetts
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- 30-Foot-Tall Native American Head, Ocean Springs, Mississippi
- Zinc Civil War Soldier, Graves of Interest, Iola, Kansas
- Large Bird Fighting a Snake, Fort Pierce, Florida
- Pirate Statue, Otway, North Carolina
- Stuffed Moray Eel in Appliance Store, Glenview, Illinois
Latest Visitor Tips