Middleborough, Massachusetts: Tom Thumb Collection
The world's largest collection of the world's tiniest man. Charles Sherwood Stratton's child-sized clothing and itty-bitty personal items.
Middleborough Historical Museum
- 18 Jackson St., Middleborough, MA
- Middleborough Historical Museum. I-495 exit 4 north into town on Main St./Hwy 105. Turn right (east) onto Jackson St just before the police station. The museum will be on the right.
- W 12-3, or by appt. (Call to verify)
Tom Thumb Museum
Visitor Tips and News About Tom Thumb Collection
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
The Middleborough Historical Museum houses the world's largest collection of Tom Thumb memorabilia (An interesting side note: part of that collection once resided at the Zachariah Eddy House before being donated to the museum). Performers for P.T. Barnum's circus, General Tom Thumb and his diminutive wife Lavinia made their home in Middleborough.
Some older residents recall the "little couple" tossing pennies to the children in the streets whenever they would return home from the circus.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
September 21, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Massachusetts Latest Tips and Stories
- Birthplace of the Gerrymander, Boston, Massachusetts
- Miniature Pooh Stump House, Cambridge, Massachusetts
- The Notorious Turtle Boy, Worcester, Massachusetts
- Tuft's Larger Than Life Teddy, Boston, Massachusetts
- Baldwin Apple Monument, Wilmington, Massachusetts
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Calgary Tower: Glass Floor, Calgary, Alberta
- Shrine Of Our Lady Of Good Help, New Franken, Wisconsin
- Two-headed Calf, Boise, Idaho
- Hitler's Tea Service and Spy Weapons, Anniston, Alabama
- Large Bull, Franklin, Kentucky
Latest Visitor Tips