Dale, Indiana: Dr. Ted's Musical Marvels MuseumMechanical music machines honk, crash, and boom out tunes from long ago.
- 11896 South US 231, Dale, IN
- Hwy 231, one-half mile north of I-64 exit 57.
- By appt only for groups of 15 or more. (Call to verify)
Visitor Tips and News About Dr. Ted's Musical Marvels Museum
While you're in Southern Indiana trying to find the infamous town of Santa Claus, you should definitely stop by nearby Dale, Indiana and visit Dr. Ted's Musical Marvels. The museum, started by a local physician, includes a huge collection of street organs, nickelodeons, player pianos, a Wurlitzer carousel organ, Spanish street pianos, gramophones, and a 12-ft by 24-ft giant dance organ made in Europe that uses a giant music book to play its organ, two accordians, two saxophones, a bass drum, a snare drum, a wood block, tempo block, cymbals & high hat simultaneously.[Pamela Heeke, 06/12/1998]
July 2008: The Museum is currently closed except to groups of 15 or more who make advance reservations. Dr. Ted is a real doctor, and we've been told that he feels obligated at the moment to serve his patients rather than his museum.
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Bronzed Foundation of Lincoln's Cabin, Lincoln City, IN - 6 mi.
- Drippy Snowman, Santa Claus, IN - 6 mi.
- Holiday World, Santa Claus, IN - 6 mi.
- In the region: World's Largest Celtic Cross Carved from a Single Rock, Cannelton, IN - 26 mi.