Salina, Kansas: Prehistoric Indian Burial Pits (Gone)
An attraction of exposed Indian skeletons, since bulldozed under.
Prehistoric Indian Burial Pits - Gone
Visitor Tips and News About Prehistoric Indian Burial Pits
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
We were saddened to hear that the Prehistoric Indian Burial Pits in Salina, KS, had been bulldozed under. This place was built like a bunker, off of a dirt road, with an owner who talked through a battery-powered larynx. But the Indians got their way and the human skeletons (along with their informative signs) have been returned to the soil -- hopefully for future vacationgoers to unearth and enjoy.
[database note, 09/01/1996]
January 19, 2017
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Kansas Latest Tips and Stories
- Truckhenge, Topeka, Kansas
- World's Largest Easel, Goodland, Kansas
- Feature: Johnny Kaw, Bigger Than Bunyan, Manhattan, Kansas
- Kansas State Hospital Patient Cemetery, Osawatomie, Kansas
- Wheat Jesus Billboard, Colby, Kansas
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Civil War Tails: Miniature Catfight, Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
- Castle Blood, Beallsville, Pennsylvania
- Unsettling Hand Sculptures, Berea, Kentucky
- Legoland, Carlsbad, California
- Tow Mater Truck, Cleveland, Tennessee