Salina, Kansas: Prehistoric Indian Burial Pits (Gone)
An attraction of exposed Indian skeletons, since bulldozed under.
Prehistoric Indian Burial Pits - Gone
Visitor Tips and News About Prehistoric Indian Burial Pits
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
We were saddened to hear that the Prehistoric Indian Burial Pits in Salina, KS, had been bulldozed under. This place was built like a bunker, off of a dirt road, with an owner who talked through a battery-powered larynx. But the Indians got their way and the human skeletons (along with their informative signs) have been returned to the soil -- hopefully for future vacationgoers to unearth and enjoy.
[database note, 09/01/1996]
May 29, 2015
Kansas Latest Tips and Stories
- Worlds Largest Czech Egg, Wilson, Kansas
- Tin Man from Wiz, Council Grove, Kansas
- The Troll, Wichita, Kansas
- Matrot Castle, Topeka, Kansas
- 8 Mile Corner - Tri-State Point, Elkhart, Kansas
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Hay Bale Dress Up, Berryville, Virginia
- 36-Foot-Tall Statues Of The Beatles, Houston, Texas
- Giant Chair, Berryville, Virginia
- Renaissance-Lover's Castle, Arrington, Tennessee
- Carmen Miranda Zebra, Austin, Texas