Davie, Florida: Flamingo GardensFlorida critters, with the expected emphasis on pink birds. Tropical Plant House, Free-Flight Aviary, and a minimal irrigation exhibit called the Xeriscape Garden.
- 3750 S. Flamingo Rd, Davie, FL
- I-95 exit I-595 West to Flamingo Road (Exit #1B), South 2 miles, north of Griffin Rd.
- Daily 9:30-5, closed Thanksgiving and Christmas. (Call to verify)
Visitor Tips and News About Flamingo Gardens
$17 per adult to get in, even though it's late in the day. Plus $4 each for the narrated tram ride. Not worth it.[Paul, 02/01/2011]
Flamingo Gardens in Davie, FL, is doubling the fencing around parts of its otter and alligator displays. This follows an incident in which a parent let her 18-month-old daughter get too close to an otter that bit her.... [04/04/1999] Complete News Story
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Native Village: Gator Wrestling, Hollywood, FL - 7 mi.
- Wreck Bar Mermaid Show, Fort Lauderdale, FL - 13 mi.
- Derelict Scooby-Doo Van, North Miami Beach, FL - 13 mi.
- In the region: Southernmost Purple Martin House In The Continental USA, Florida City, FL - 45 mi.