Benton, Kentucky: B-29 Bomber Crashed Here
A modern, upright, black marble slab marks the spot where a B-29 bomber crashed in 1945, killing nearly all of its crew.
- Soldier Creek Cemetery Rd, Benton, KY
- From Benton, drive southwest on Hwy 58 for 6.5 miles. After you cross a little creek, turn left onto Hwy 1522. Drive a half-mile. When the road veers right, turn left. Drive a hundred yards. The upright black marble slab will be on the right.
B-29 Crash Memorial
Visitor Tips and News About B-29 Bomber Crashed Here
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
It's a marble memorial to the victims and sole survivor of a B-29 Superfortress crash on July, 1st, 1945, near Soldier Creek Church, which is just across the road from the monument. [David, 02/27/2017]
March 22, 2017
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Kentucky Latest Tips and Stories
- Feature: Museum of Physical Security, Nicholasville, Kentucky
- Triceratops from NY World's Fair, Louisville, Kentucky
- Muhammad Ali Grave Site, Louisville, Kentucky
- B-29 Crash Memorial, Benton, Kentucky
- Giant Cocktail Imperial Liquor Store, Lexington, Kentucky
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Skunk Ape Research Headquarters, Ochopee, Florida
- Big Confederate Flag and Memorial Plaza, Trimble, Tennessee
- Camas Prairie Railroad Bridges, Craigmont, Idaho
- Mac the Moose, World's Largest, Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan
- World's Largest Hockey Stick and Puck, Duncan, British Columbia